Pages

Turned Upside Down

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

 
Every year my aunt hosts our family gathering.  We drive in from different directions and meet in the middle.  My aunt and uncle live on a mountain in western PA.  They are not very close to stores or restaurants and we like it that way.  We look out over the valley, play wild games of Uno, we craft, we eat, we tell stories.......We have a lot of fun.  With that many people in one house things can get a little messy, but my aunt never complains.
 
 
I made this card for her to say, Thanks!  The outside represents all of us there and the inside represents the peace and order she will get back once we leave.  I know she'd prefer to have us there though.  She also has a cat so I know she'll love that.
 
 
I used an adorable set designed by Joni called, Smart Kitty.  I doubled up the die cuts to add dimension.  I used to love those stacked stickers from way back.  This is my version of those.
 
 
I positioned everything to look as if it was tumbling off the stack of books and on the inside I quickly fixed everything and piled it all back up.
 

Thanks for coming by!
I'm looking forward to getting together. 
Do you have annual family reunions?



Cardstock: WP9 Ballet Slippers, Coal Mine, White, PTI Vellum
Stamps: WP9 Smart Kitty, Happy Mail
Ink: Memento Black, Versafine Onyx, Versamark
Dies: WP9 Sunshine Layers, Smart Kitty, PTI Fabulous Frames
Other: Copic Markers, White and Clear Embossing Powder

7 comments :

  1. Sounds like a wonderful time Kara, filled with memories to last a lifetime!! Your aunt will most definitely love this adorable card!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun card. I love the messy outside and tidy inside. Have fun at the reunion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kara. I love your fun card. So cute! What a great idea to create a card to honor those precious memories. I know your aunt will most definitely love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the way you perfectly toppled everything! Even the kitty's expression looks like she's uneasy. Then to have it all put to rights on the inside, just makes me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a sweet design! I bet your aunt will love that you designed it just for her!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |