Pages

Adding Glitter With Die Cut Adhesive Sheets

Friday, July 31, 2015

 
I was so inspired by the sketch, I decided to create another project for this week's CAS(E) this sketch! Challenge.
 
 
 I die cut the large corner piece from a sheet of double sided adhesive.  {This is my favorite} I then die cut that piece into different sized curves.  Removing the backing from only one side, I pieced the circle back together into the corner of a card front.  Once all of the pieces were in place and the partial circle was reconstructed, I die cut the card front using a stitched rectangle die.
 
 
Now, I could remove the front release paper to reveal the adhesive in sections and add my glitter.  I burnished the glitter into the adhesive with my finger to make sure there was good coverage.  It also ensures that glitter doesn't come off later.  Once this was done I searched for just the right sentiment.  I chose this one from Sparkle and Shine.  I added a layer of black cardstock and a black die cut butterfly.  All of the visible black cardstock got a coat of clear Wink Of Stella!
 
 
Thanks so much for coming by.  Have a great weekend!
New projects have been added to the Friday Inspiration File.  Enjoy...#229!
 


 
 
 


Cardstock: WP9 White, Black
Stamps: WP9 Sparkle and Shine
Ink: WP9 Black
Dies: WP9 Small Butterfly Frame Die, LF Circles
Other: Double Sided Adhesive Sheets, MS Glitter, Wink Of Stella Clear

9 comments :

  1. This looks amazing Kara!
    Thanks for sharing the how to as well!
    Thanks for playing at CASology and Case this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks wonderful Kara! I love die cutting with any kind of glitter paper and tape. I like the added butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty! Love all the sparkle! So glad you joined us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing you tip on creating glitter paper. Your card is so pretty--and wonderfully sparkly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous. Love how you made your own glitter paper.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning, Kara!!!!! And what a lovely sentiment to go with the sparkle of the glitter!!! Love it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is so fabulous, Kara! I love your super creative take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super cute, love the sparkly rainbow. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

    ReplyDelete
  9. So beautiful! Thanks for sharing how you did it, it makes perfect sense! You are right saying that you found a perfect sentiment for it too!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |