Pages

Hey Cupcake!

Wednesday, July 15, 2015

 
 Hey, Cupcake!
Are you having a good summer so far? 
I am loving every minute of this warm weather.
Today I have two cards to share using the same colors as yesterday's card.  I really loved this combination and the inks were still out on my desk so...why not? :)
 
 
I started stamping my background with the cupcake image from Sweets and Treats.  I rotated the stamp as I moved around the card front, making sure to stamp partial images off the edge.  Then, I filled in between cupcakes with the little flower image from the same set.  When all of the outline images were stamped I 'traced' them with a light grey Copic marker to make them pop.
 
 
Now to add some color!  I used various sized dots from the Little Bits stamp set.  The largest in Little Piggy, the medium in Cockleshell, and the smallest in Falling Star.  I made sure to overlap the cupcake images with the dots and in some areas overlap the dots themselves.  I couldn't resist finishing it off with one of my all time favorite little stamps, the multi-sized dot image from Dream Believer.
 
 
On this first card I added rhinestones to the center of the flowers and a cool 'birthday' die cut from PTI called Swoosh. 
 
 
On this second, card I added a cute little cat image from Waffle Flower Crafts that was already stamped and die cut and in a little pile of things to use on my desk.  I added a coordinating sentiment from the same WFC stamp set and the same word die cut as the first card.
 
 
I also stamped envelope liners for each card! 
 
 
I love this fun background.  It looks like a party! Change up the colors and it's perfect for a boy too.  I think Nautical Navy, Lake House, and Ocean Drive would be perfect!
Thanks for coming by today!

 
 
 


Cardstock: PTI Plum Pudding, Recollections White
Stamps: WP9 Little Bits, Sweets and Treats, Dream Believer
Ink: WP9 Little Piggy, Cockleshell, Falling Star, Memento Black, Versafine Onyx
Dies: WP9 Envelope Liner Die, SSS Stitched Rectangle Dies, PTI Swoosh
Other: Copic Marker, Rhinestones, WP9 White Envelope

10 comments :

  1. That IS a sweet background!!! Cute cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both fantastic cards. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are so fun! That cat on the second card made me laugh - she seems like she's not quite sure what to think about the sentiment covering up her pretty pink coat. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute, love that stretched out kitty!! Thanks for joining us at ColourQ again!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Adorable! I love that you left the cupcake uncolored and added random color in another way - great idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kara I love the whimsical feel of this card, the colours, the dots and the cupcakes work so well together. Thank you for sharing this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such fun cupcake cards, love the addition of the pink cat :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kara, this is a DREAM!!!!!!! LOVE the color choices, GORGEOUS!!!!

    Thanks so much for joining CASology this week, Yummy!!!!

    This card also applies to the Stampin' Celebration Challege too!!
    Here is the link:
    http://stampincelebrationblog.blogspot.com/2015/07/sc108-inspiration-challenge.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kara....these are as cute as can be! I love your adorable and sweet background, so much fun. Thanks for joining us at ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |