Pages

It's Been Too Long

Thursday, July 30, 2015

 
Hi!
Today's card was a lot of fun to make.  I started by die cutting a circle from the corner of a piece of copy paper.  I used both the positive and the negative pieces to create my mask.  I placed them on my card front and sponged on the orange dye ink.  I used the same masks and moved them towards the corner of the card front making sure to cover the orange ink completely, but right to the edge because I didn't want any white space between my colors. I think that would look cool, too, though!  I alternated the thick and thin ends of the sponged areas.
 
 
I repeated the process again to sponge on the navy ink.  Because I was gong from navy to pink, I created a new set of masks.  I didn't want to contaminate the pink with the dark blue.

 
Once all of my ink was sponged on, I stamped my sentiment.  I curved the sentiment on my block to match the line of the orange ink.  I attached a die cut butterfly to draw your eye to the sentiment.  I chose this butterfly, in particular, because it is not solid and allows the color to come through.

 
Thanks so much for stopping by!
 


 


Cardstock: WP9 White, Black
Stamps: WP9 Hand Lettered Hello
Ink: PTI Summer Sunrise, Melon Berry, Enchanted Evening, Berry Sorbet, Versafine Onyx
Dies: WP9 Small Butterfly Frame Die, LF Circles, SSS Stitched Rectangles
Other: Sponge Daubers

12 comments :

  1. Kara!!! This is amazing!!! So happy to see this beauty in the gallery today!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  2. Twins! Your version looks so much better than mine! :-) Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun design, and I love all your masking and sponging. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous masking and sponging. I love this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such an effective way of masking! Love how you have mirrored the black of the butterfly in the tilted background panel. Lovely design. Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just love your take on the sketch. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful take on the sketch, Kara!!!!! Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. An awesome technique and a great way to use those colours. Love the butterfly too. Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, this card is fantastic, too! Way to rock the CTS sketch, Kara!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey Kara!! Awesome card. Super CAS. I love how you inked the corner with those vibrant colors. Thank you so much for playing us this week at CASology.

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE that masking and inking!! WOW!! Thanks for joining us at CASology!!!! I sure hope that you are able to join us this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW...what a fabulous card Kara!!! Thanks for joining us at ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |