Pages

Stamping And Coloring Die Cuts

Saturday, July 25, 2015

 
Hey! I seem to have gotten into a posting pattern this summer.  Posting on the weekdays and taking the weekend to just hang out.  Which is the opposite of what tends to happen during the school year.  However, I wanted to join in with the PTI July Blog Hop today so here I am.  Technically, though, this post is getting done on a weekday.  It's actually Friday evening.  I wanted to get this post together early because we will be canoeing when this post goes up!  I can't wait.
 
 
So, the inspiration photo {pictured below} for the blog hop has a very Victorian and vintagy feel.  I like it, but wanted to try to make
my design a little more clean and modern.
 
 
I die cut the three butterflies from white cardstock and stamped the peonies with Memento black ink.  I colored the flowers, leaves, and background with Copic Markers.  I attached them in a vertical line with foam tape after adding a little curl to their wings.  I use the same motion you use with a pair of scissors on curling ribbon, but just with my hands on the cardstock.
 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by.
Enjoy the hop!
 


Cardstock: PTI Black, Recollections White
Stamps: PTI Pretty Peonies
Ink: Memento Black Ink
Dies: PTI Beautiful Butterflies, SSS Stitched Rectangle Dies
Other: Copic Markers

17 comments :

  1. Beautiful Kara! Love the pattern on each butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your butterflies are gorgeous. Have fun canoeing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the pattern you created, Kara. Vintagy yes, but the card design is so now. Beautiful! Enjoy the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful butterflies- hope you enjoyed canoeing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, Kara. Love how you colored those butterflies. Hope you had fun canoeing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is simply beautiful! The butterflies are really stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. CAS perfection Kara...love it!! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love how you used the Pretty Peonies stamps on the butterflies. What a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! At first I thought you used dp, then I saw the butterflies were stamped and colored. Lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Simply stunning, Kara!!! Your stamped and coloured butterflies are so beautiful!!!
    Hope your canoeing trip was great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the line up of butterflies! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love your card Kara!!!!! But, I ALWAYS love your cards! Such beautiful work! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is SO pretty! The stamping looks so fabulous on the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So gorgeous! Stamping on the die cuts is such a wonderful idea. Hope you had fun on your canoeing trip!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love love love the colours of your floral butterflies. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is gorgeous, Kara! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |