Pages

Happy Happy Happy

Friday, July 17, 2015

 
FRIDAY!
The weekend is here.  Do you have any fun plans?  Hopefully, whatever your plans, they include some time to create.  Check out the Friday Inspiration File for some great projects to jump start your creativity.
 
 
Today's cards are blue versions of a card I shared a few days ago.  One is a layered, embellished card.  The other is a simple, easy to mail version.  I think of them as Couture vs. Ready To Wear. 
 
 
Couture are the designs that are layered, have elements that go off the edge, and are generally hard to mail. I tend to make most cards like this and then end up spending way too much to mail them.  When the cards start piling up I like to give them away, but feel bad knowing that whomever I give them to will have a difficult time mailing them too. 
 
 
Ready To Wear are the cards that have the same creative elements, but are quick, simple, and easy to mail; more practical.  I've decided to try to make this version each time I make a card.  The supplies are already out.  So I'm challenging myself to simplify my design each time and see what I come up with.
 
 
Have a great weekend!
I'm off for my morning walk and
then I'm going to spend the day with my dad.
 
 


Cardstock: WP9 White, Black, Vellum
Stamps: WP9 Sweets and Treats, Little Bits, Dream Believer
Ink: WP9 Lake House, Nautical Navy, Ocean Drive, Memento Black, Versamark Ink
Dies: WP9 Love Mom Layers, Sweets and Treats, Speech Bubbles, Banner Die
Other: Corner Rounder Punch, Clear Embossing Powder

5 comments :

  1. Although I have so much appreciation for couture creations...I am a ready to wear girl!
    LOVE this approach Kara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great colors Kara!! They both look runway fabulous to me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kara this looks like store bought patterned paper ! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful idea! Making two versions is a great plan. I'm a big fan of your patterned papers and really love this cupcake version.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |