Pages

Watercolor Over Die Cuts

Tuesday, July 21, 2015


 
Today I'm joining Papertrey Ink for their weekly
Make It Monday Challenge: Watercolor with Die Cut Stencils.
 

I used a die, called Text Black Party,  to create my stencil.  I die cut it from a sheet of masking paper.  I placed the stencil, or mask, onto white cardstock and burnished it with my bone folder.  I used dye ink as my watercolor.  I swiped several ink pads onto my craft mat and spritzed them with water.  I then dipped the cardstock into the colors, letting them drip and pool.  I allowed it to dry before adding more colors.  At the end, I added splatters of color using a paintbrush loaded with ink tapped against my bone folder.
 
 
My second card started out the same way, but rather than smoosh the cardstock into the dye ink watercolor, I brushed each color on in horizontal stripes.
 
 
I added the same splatters as before and then allowed them both to dry completely before removing the mask.   Once the masks were removed I was able to do some stamping and embellishing.
 
 
I used Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, Tropical Teal and Ocean Tides ink to create my watercolors.

 
Thanks so much for stopping by today!
 


Cardstock: PTI White, Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores
Stamps: SS Birthday
Ink: PTI AM, HS, TT, OT, Versafine Onyx
Dies: PTI DE Banner Die, Text Block Party, SSS Stitched Rectangles
Other: Masking Paper, Rhinestones

20 comments :

  1. Gorgeous cards, I especially like the second one. Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful, Kara - thanks for explaning how you did the cards.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards, Kara! Love the one with the sentiment and stars stamped in black--so striking against the muted watercolor!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of your cards are just lovely! :0)

    ReplyDelete
  5. so pretty!! i really love the look of the words stamped in black over the soft watercolors. thanks for playing!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Great technique on 2 gorgeous cards! Love the dies you used and the stamping over!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are fabulous. You really rocked this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Both of these are fantastic! Great looks and designs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is great, Kara! I love how you inked the sentiment on top of the watercolor image.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, Kara!!!! The colours are fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cool to stamp on top of your watercolor. love the look

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both cards came out so pretty, Kara!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |