Pages

One Little Stamp {Stamped Backgrounds}

Thursday, July 16, 2015

 
 Good Morning!
I have long since stopped purchasing new patterned papers and I recently gave away {almost} all of the ones I had.  While most of them were beautiful, I just never used them.  I get a lot of enjoyment from the process of making my own and customizing the colors. 
 
 
 One of the ways I like to create my own backgrounds is with One Little Stamp. I went back and tagged as many posts as I could find in case you'd like to see more examples.  Choose one stamp from a stamp set and see what you can do with it.  What else can it become?
 
 
 I added a layer of vellum because I seem to be addicted to doing that lately ;)  I created, colored, and cut out one 'butterfly' for an accent on the front.  The 'birthday wishes' sentiment is from my 12 Kits Of Occasions leftover stash so I'm not sure where or who it was from.
 
 
Thanks so much for coming by today. 
Do you buy patterned paper?
Do you use it?




Cardstock: WP9 White, Black, PTI Vellum
Stamps: WP9 Sweets and Treats, Whole Lotta Happy
Ink: Memento Black Ink, Versamark Ink
Dies: WP9 Sunshine Layers Die
Other: Copic Markers, White Embossing Powder

13 comments :

  1. This is an idea we should all embrace - we'd get so much more use out of our stamps! Beautifully done, Kara!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for the tip! It's a great looking card!!! I'll try this! Hugs ÅsaJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely beautiful card! Love how you created the "butterfly". The sentiment you used comes from the WMS Teeny Trees stamp set.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is just amazing! I love this! Makes me want to go stamp some backgrounds!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And nobody does stamped paper like you!! Brilliant "butterfly" and a pretty card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clever, Kara…and gorgeous colors!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cool and would never have thought it was a flower stamp. Your a genius!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You know what you are right , but you are also a pro at making your own patterned paper . With all the stamps we have we should all be making our own. Love the card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful, this is just awesome. Thanks for sharing your others, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Absolutely awesome! You always amaze me with your designs. I wouldn't have seen that image as being part of a butterfly. Guess I need to look at my stamps more carefully. Love the vellum overlay!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is clever and gorgeous. And, in answer to your question yes (buy it) and no (use it).

    ReplyDelete
  12. I do use my coloured paper. But now I want to make some of my own !!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |