Pages

In The Clouds

Thursday, July 2, 2015


 Orange and blue is one of my favorite color combinations especially for boys, but also in nature.  Orange flowers against a bright blue sky just do something for me.  They are colors that seem like they shouldn't work together, but they do so beautifully.
 
 
I used a really sweet set from Avery Elle to stamp my images, called Fly By.  I also used number stamps from this set to stamp a background on the blue cardstock. 
 
 
 I can't seem to stop layering panels of color on my cards.  I used the Love Mom Layers die to cut panels from blue, orange, and dark grey.  The top layer was also cut with a border die from Pretty Pink Posh to add to the cloud look.
 
 
 Thanks for stopping by again today!  What is your favorite combination of colors that shouldn't work, but really do?
 

 
 


Cardstock: WP9 Lake House, PTI Orange Zest, Smokey Shadow, Recollections White
Stamps: AE Fly By
Ink: Memento Black
Dies: WP9 Love Mom Layers, AE Fly By, PPP Stitched Border II
Other: Copic Markers

15 comments :

  1. They do work well together Kara, in nature and in paper!! This is fantastic, love ti!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun card. I love how you shaded the banners with just a bit of gray.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, this is so fun! I love your fabulous take on the sketch, Kara!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I already spotted this on Instagram but have to say I LOVE it!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These is awesome, love the layering and the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is fabulous!!! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Always a pleasure to see your beautiful cards in the gallery at CTS Kara !
    This looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree that is a great colour combination, I love this card so much... it is a great interpretation of the sketch :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super fun card, Kara! Love all the layers and I'm with you about the colors!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |