Pages

Get Your Sunglasses

Monday, July 20, 2015

 
 
Today I have two {very} bright cards to share.  I don't normally use colors like this, but today I was drawn to them.  I wanted to work with a little ink blending and masking.  I used distress inks in the colors Mowed Lawn and Mustard Seed. On this first card, I die cut a square of white cardstock.  Using removable adhesive, I temporarily adhered the square to my craft mat.  I came in from one end with the yellow and in with green from the other end.  You could blend the colors on a larger piece of cardstock and die cut after to make it a bit easier to work with, but I like that the edges end up a bit darker as you move from the craft mat onto the cardstock.
 
 
I positioned a square of copy paper onto the center of my card front and temporarily adhered it {it was left over from the mask I created for my second card}.  I stamped my sentiment and the butterfly in the same position as they were on the ink blended square so that when I placed the square on the card front the sentiment and butterfly image would line up.
 
 
 
For my second card I created a mask that left only the square portion of the card front open.  I added distress ink the same way as before.  I removed the mask and stamped my sentiment and butterfly in Versafine Onyx ink.  I have a wonderful marker, that I have shared before, that is perfect for filling in any imperfections in stamping.  It's a black Pitt Pen by Faber Castell. 
 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!
 


Cardstock: PTI White, WP9 Black
Stamps: PTI Beautiful Butterflies
Ink: Distress Ink, Versafine Onyx Ink
Dies: PTI Beautiful Butterflies, PS Stitched Frame Dies ,SSS Stitched Rectangles
Other: Faber Castell Pitt Pen

13 comments :

  1. These are fabulous. I love the ink blending you did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful take on the sketch Kara! Thanks for sharing the ' how to ' as well !
    Good to see you at Case this sketch

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think all of the white space and the striking black butterfly toned down the bright colors perfectly!! These are beautiful Kara!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Kara, I came here form the CTS blog and I had a lovely time visiting your blog and love all the stunning cards I have seen!!!! I have just become your latest follower!!!
    Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kara, this card is awesome! I love the dimensional butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kara, this outstanding black butterfly against the green and yellow just blew me away! Love it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I saw these earlier in Instagram and loved them straight away. Love, love, love that bold black butterfly against to the colourful background!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the dynamic color scheme with the black against those bright colors! Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another absolutely BEAUTIFUL design! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, these are so fabulous, Kara! I love your wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful ink blending and a gorgeous take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kara, I love the black butterflies against the yellow and green. Very striking!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |