Pages

ColourQ # 97: Do You Play?

Thursday, August 11, 2011


(click image to play along)

Do you sit down to play with your craft supplies with no intention of making anything?  I do, all the time.  It takes the pressure off and often you'll come up with creative ideas for using your stamps and supplies.  I recently purchased and received Half and Half stamp set.  While playing around with the stamps, I realized they would probably fit pretty well with all of the Mat Stack dies. 

I cut a few of each out of some scrap paper to try them out and when I did I came up with this frame.  I decided I could probably make a cool background pattern out of it, so I gave that a try and really loved the result!


Make a date to play around with your stamps. 
You'll be glad you did:)


Cardstock: PTI Raspberry Fizz, Aqua Mist, Orange Zest, White
Stamps: PTI Half and Half, Postmarks, Little Labels
Ink: Memento Black, Rosebud, Tangelo
Dies: PTI Little labels
Other: Black Satin Ribbon, Corner Rounder Punch

13 comments :

  1. Thank you for the inspiration. I might just make a play date for my new stamps & it might just kick my mojo into gear!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That IS a fabulous background paper! It would be fun to use stamps to print sheets of gift wrap - lovely for small gifts.... could even personalise for the recipient. Ooo I might just try that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty card! Like your idea to just 'play around' with the images from our stamp sets. Love the background you created.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the colors. And playing around with my scrap stuff, I don't do it nearly enough. The black ribbon is a great pop on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very clever. Looks like the possibilities are almost endless.

    TFS

    Ang

    ReplyDelete
  6. As always, LOVE your card!!
    That fream you created and then background paper is just gorgeous. Thanks for playing with us again this week at ColourQ. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well aren't you just clever. I love the background this made. I agree that we all need to just sit and play more often. Seems like everytime I sit down I'm on a mission. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the pattern you made with those stamps. Great idea!! love the card:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing and inspirational! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, Kara! Love what you did with your background. Thanks for joining us at the ColourQ this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great stamped bg. I love the card and the goodies you made for future use! Thanks for joining us at colourQ this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful stamping, Kara! I love the way the yellow tag just pops! Thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE this!! The colors and the design! The pop of black!! Love it all!! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |