Pages

Butterfly Box

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

This triangle box reminds me of my wedding planning days.  Looking for unique favors, I came across butterflies in boxes that can be released on your wedding day.  I opted not to use those even though I thought it would be beautiful. I felt bad for the butterflies! 

My original plan was to suspend the stamped, colored butterfly from the twine on the inside of the box.  However, when I tried that, the butterfly wasn't really visible through the glitter window.  Maybe next time instead of a glitter window I'll use clear cardstock and the butterfly would be more visible from the outside.


This photo really shows off the sparkle!
Have a great day!


Cardstock: PTI White, Aqua Mist
Stamps: PTI Butterfly Dreams
Ink: StazOn Brown
Other: Twine, Favor It Box Die, Triangle Dies, Prisma Glitter, Clear Packing Tape

20 comments :

  1. Great use of the glitter window technique with that box. Love that butterfly too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really! Come on, this is just amazing. I'm ordering that box right now! Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, absolutely beautiful! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kara....I'm speechless. This is just amazing and so, so beautiful! You're so talented!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kara, I just love this! I will be adding that die to my next order. Just fabulous!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kara you never fail to amaze me. This is just stunning. I love that butterfly.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow...i'm officially floored :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my, this is SOOOOOO pretty! I have the TT set, but this makes me want the box die too! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG!!! This is seriously LOVELY!!! You make my little card look so boring now! lol

    Really great job, you should be so proud of it!

    Karen
    x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow..I love it! This is simply beautiful Kara.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, both of your projects for MIM are just gorgeous! What a unique ornament idea, and I bet it would be adaptable for the holidays! And your card yesterday--what can I say? Outstanding! Congrats on the highlight on Nichole's blog!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my gosh, this is so heavenly. Guess who's kicking herself for not ordering this die? SIlly me. Kara you have outdone yourself. So special.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is gorgeous! I just got this triangle die and stamp set and can't wait to play. Your card designs are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely! Really love how the butterfly looks like its just settled on the box. And oh I hope we see a clear cardstock version - I think it will be beautiful! Impatiently waiting for my box die to arrive here in the UK!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful boxes! Love them. My daughter actually had a butterfly release at the end of her garden wedding! The guests loved it, but it was a little hard on the butterflies-I don't recommend it!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |