Pages

Glittered Eggs

Sunday, March 24, 2013




While the clothes tumble around in the dryer I have been glittering some eggs.
Yesterday morning I blew the yolks and whites out of about 8 eggs.  I wanted to try to make the smallest holes possible so they didn't show later.  I found that the smallest holes almost made me burst a blood vessel trying to blow the egg out...lol!  Don't be afraid to make one of the holes a little bigger than you might want, it won't show later.  I used a large needle to make my holes. 
 Blow the eggs out into a container.  This way you can refrigerate them and make french toast tomorrow morning.
Yum!
After blowing out the eggs I put them in a bowl of water.  After they fill up slightly with water, shake them around, and then blow the water out.  This way you clean the inside of the eggs.  Set them aside on paper towel to dry. 
 I let mine dry over night.
 
 
 
This morning I coated them in glue with a paint brush and then rolled them around in glitter.  I used Tombow Mono Multi Glue.  The glue forms a seal over the holes and you can't even see them anymore.  Once they are coated in glitter, set them aside to dry.
 
 
 
 
 


Martha Stewart Glitter

17 comments :

  1. I have never done this with real eggs but I have made glittered eggs with the plastic eggs you can buy for easter. So pretty with all that glitter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are gorgeous Kara! You are much more ambitious than I am. The results are worth the mess.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kara, these are so pretty. I haven't blown out the eggs in a long time but I do seem to recall nearly "bursting a blood vessel." :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous! I have never blown the yolk from eggs before, so thank you for the detailed instructions! Want to give this a try, they are too pretty to pass up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous! I love MS glitter....I might have to try this myself!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Kara they turned out so beautifully. I bow to your bravery Kara!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love 'em!!
    They're so gorgeous in all their glittery goodness! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow--those really look amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, Kara, I love these! I don't own any glitter, and I'm feeling a massive urge to run out right away and buy a rainbow of the stuff!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun project! They are beautiful! I just might give it a try ,thanks for the how to.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is my project for today!! I'm going the ink route, but after seeing yours I may slip a glitter one or two in. Yours are beautiful! I dread blowing the insides out. So each year I just do a few. They add up : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. I *love* MS Glitter. I am soooo doing this! My girls will love it - and quite frankly, my boy probably will too (he's only 5, glitter is still pretty cool to him, too!)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these, Kara! The glitter looks so much prettier than just color!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |