Pages

Friday Inspiration File #108

Thursday, March 14, 2013



 
Doing a little stamping tonight.
Also took some time to pin some of my favorites from the week.....#108.
As always, there is no shortage of beautiful, creative projects out there to see and I don't want you to miss any of them:)  Speaking of missing out.....I rely on Google Reader to keep me connected to all of my favorite crafters.  As I am sure you already know, GR will be no more as of July 1, 2013! 
Have you found an alternative?
I know several sites have been recommended like Feedly and Blog Lovin'.
The only thing is, I'm not looking for another social networking site.  I just want to read blogs on my list without sharing or joining another community.
There's a good discussion going on in the comments section of this post and also this thread.
I'll keep looking, let me know if you find anything good and I'll do the same!
 
 


Cardstock: PTI Aqua Mist, Simply Chartreuse, Berry Sorbet, Grid Lines
Stamps: PTI Sending You
Ink:  PTI Aqua Mist, Simply Chartreuse, Berry Sorbet, Hawaiian Shores, Spring Moss, Raspberry Fizz

9 comments :

  1. Fun little stamping you did tonight. Don't worry about Google Reader. July is a million years away, in computer time. There will be lots of alternatives in time, I am sure of that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just tried Feedly and it seems to work seamlessly by syncing all my current blogs in no time. You can ignore the other social media stuffs as my main objective is to read blogs on my subscribed list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me it´s almost ritual to come to your blog every Friday and see all great creations you pined this week. :) And I love your color stamping. But unfortunatly I can´t help you with alternative for google reader.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the link to alternatives...starting looking at it last night and then stopped! I'll keep you posted as I learn more too :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Kara, when you find an alternative to Google Reader, please tell me! I'm the same - I just want to have my blogs in a list that I can scroll through and see all the posts without having to necessarily click through (unless I want to leave comments). Following by mail is a nightmare for me. I can't get everything to show up in my Blogger roll. Google Reader is the only feed reader I know, wah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh EM GEE!!! I did not know this news! This is terrible! Google Reader is how I keep up to date with all my blogs!! I sit down with a cup of coffee and enjoy all the eye candy. Thanks for putting this info out there since I am clearly out of the loop. :( Please make suggestions as you find them. I guess I will be on the hunt.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just switched to Bloglovin' and I like it so far. I can view each post on the actual blog without having to click through, and I can comment from the Reader too. Each blog I follow gets credit for the page view, too, which is not the case with other Readers.
    I'm not aware of the social networking aspect of either of the sites you mentioned, but I won't use those features anyway (and I didn't use my Facebook account to sign up, just my email). The app for my iPhone looks pretty and easy to use, though!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kara if you log into your Blogger account you get all your blog updates in the Dashboard, have a look and let me know if you see it like I do.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry I am no help with GR. I just go to blogger dashboard to check . I seem to be getting behind lately.
    Cant wait to see what everyone ends up liking.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |