Pages

Friday Inspiration File #109

Friday, March 22, 2013

 
TGIF!
 
Here's a little peek at my new die storage.
I used to store them in the the paper CD sleeves {like this}, but the more dies I added to my collection the harder it was to flip through and find the die I wanted to use.  I don't always got to my dies knowing which one I'm looking for.  Sometimes I go there in the middle of a project knowing I need 'something', but I'm not always sure what that something is.  With this new storage system it is easy for me to flip through and see everything.  The pockets are very sturdy and hold up to the weight of the dies. Each pocket has a flap at the top that keeps the dies from sliding out of the pocket. {video showing this system}  The only die I have that won't fit into this system is the triangle favor it box die form PTI.  That's OK though because some of my most used dies are stored on magnetic knife holders.
 



 
I hope you have a great weekend!
 




All Die Storage Supplies Martha Stewart

11 comments :

  1. I just got one of those binders for all of my new lawn fawn dies - i really like this system! I'm going back for another binder this weekend - I need to organize my PTI stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the binder idea, TFS. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I store all my dies this way too. Love this system.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I store my dies in this as well! I mount them all on magnetic sheets that I've cut from register covers I picked up at Home Depot and cut to fit the pockets. And...eeek...I have two binders already!! I love this storage system.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kara this is great. I store them in the CD labels but now I am liking what you have done...hmmmm. I store all of my stamp sets in binders using acetate pages. That helps me find my stamps easier! Great idea for the dies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've got mine in CD and binders - the binders are great for the little ones and keep me well organized! Can't live without them!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kara, I need this system. In fact, ANY system would work for me right now. I have to trawl through everything just to find what I'm looking for at the moment, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just have a couple magnet folders at the moment, but am really seriously thinking about moving to this system. I've got my small stamps in pockets like this and it's been working really well.

    I think I may leave the top row of pockets empty for any extra die cuts from the die below. Right now they're in random ziplocs. Boy would that help the organization! Thanks for sharing your system!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of goodness on your blog, Kara! I store my stamps this way and love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Do the pockets have a zipper or velcro to prevent dies from falling out?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The pockets have a flap that keep the dies in.

      Delete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |