Pages

12 Kits Of Occasions {February 2014}

Friday, February 28, 2014

 
Good Morning!
This month's kit was put together for us by Renee.
Her kit included so much sparkle and shine for making snow themed cards.
Her kit also included wonderful vintage style paper designs which I haven't even touched yet.
I'm looking forward to hopping around and seeing how everyone else has put them to use and storing away some ideas.  Although I love it, patterned paper is not so easy for me to use.
 
 
Here is a look at all that was included in Renee's kit.
Isn't that snowman paper awesome?
 
 
For my first card, I couldn't resist using all of those gorgeous glittered snowflakes all at once. 
They make such a statement.  The background is spritzed with Heidi Swapp Tinsel Color Shine and dotted with gems and sequins.
I did use a spray fixative on the color shine to protect it from smearing.
 
 
This next card is my ode to The Florida Snowman....melted!
Growing up in FL we would always see little souvenirs in shops of the Florida Snowman.
A little snow globe with a beach scene and floating in the water
were the snowman's arms, nose, buttons, and eyes.
Have you ever seen one?

 
 
Renee sent a piece of this beautiful glitter paper.
The texture is smooth and easy to die cut.
Best of all, none of the glitter comes off!
 
 
 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by today.
We have another guest designer this month, Judy Marino!
I am so excited to see her projects this month!
Make sure you stop by the 12 Kits Blog to check out the full supply list
and what all of the others have created with this awesome kit!
  

Supplies used that were not included in the kit:
Cardstock: PTI Fine Linen, Rustic White, Avery Elle Sea Glass
Heidi Swapp Color Shine
Wink Of Stella Clear Glitter Pen

17 comments :

  1. So much loveliness. I can't decide which one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kara, you did an awesome job with this kit! I am so inspired by your cards...all of them are wonderful. I chuckled at your Florida snowman card...I have the exact opposite problem here in NJ! More snow on the way early next week...maybe I'll have another snow day and can make more cards with what is left over from my guest designer kit! If I do, I'm totally CASEing some of your awesome cards!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did it again! I see lots of things that never ever occurred to me! The melted snowman? OMG! How cool is that? I really love the first one too with the sparkly snowflakes and spritzing. I didn't know what to do with the vellum snowflakes either - looks like no sweat for you girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards, Kara. I especially love the Florida snowman. I can relate, because that is probably what we'd have in San Diego, only the ground would be covered in sand.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kara these are simply stunning! So much sparkle and shine. But your melted snowman takes the cake that is about the cutest card ever!!!! I will be making one too. Just so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH COME ON! These cards are amazing Kara! Your first one should be on the cover of CARDS and the snowman parts card is so stinking cute! Beautiful and very creative work.
    Thanks for making the beautiful banner photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kara your cards are all so amazing! My favorite favorite is your 'we can build a snowman' what a brillaint and yes I still have lots of parts to case this one! LOVE it. Your snowflakes and snowglobe and fantastic too. Great job with the kit!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, what a creative way to use the snowflakes! These cards are all so fabulous. Your Florida snowman is so clever and super cute! And I love the beautiful snow globe.

    ReplyDelete
  9. One beautiful card after another! Your first blew me away. And, yes, I'm familiar with the Florida snowman...on fact I think I owned one of the snow globes you described when I was little. At the very least I have definitely seen them before. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous cards, Kara! Gotta love your melted snowman - that's definitely a keeper to CASE.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love how you used the kit materials, Kara! Of course the poor snowman card is awesome, but I also love your first card with all the sparkly goodness used at once. What an impact!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Kara...how do you think of them? I love that first card with all the silver snowflakes and the paint splotches...I would never have thought to put that much silver on the same card...duh! It is so pretty all together! I also can't believe how creative your melted Florida snowman card is. That one totally cracked me up! You did an extra-great job with Renee's kit!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kara both of your snowflake cards are totally stunning! I just love them! And what a different look depending on whether you used the glitter flakes or the brown background. Both equally amazing. Then what a great idea to do the melted snowman... how clever!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think this is my favorite month of Kara Kit Cards of all time...each one was fantastically designed! I would never be able to pull off those snowflake collages, but yours are created perfectly! That melted snowman card is the most creative and adorable thing. And your tree card is so peaceful. A-MA-zing job on these!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are all great, Kara, but I have to say the "Florida snowman" stole my heart and made me giggle!! I have never seen one of those and love it!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  16. I loved that SNOW card from the moment I saw it over on the blog...
    AH-MAZ-ING!!!
    I love all that sparkle and shine and would have never thought to combine all the snowflakes like that...
    but I will now!
    And your FL snowman...
    I die!! :)
    All of them are so incredible...
    each better than the one before...
    I love them all! :)

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |