Pages

Watercolor Made Easy

Saturday, February 8, 2014

 
Hello!
Wplus9 is continuing their birthday celebration with a new challenge.
I used a slightly different technique because I found that when I sprayed water directly onto my stamp I got much more water than I wanted.
Instead, after coloring my stamp with the distress markers I stamped directly onto the watercolor paper.  I then used my water brush to move the color around controlling the amount of water I wanted to add.
 
 
For the background I scribbled some color from the marker directly onto my craft sheet and then sprayed it with water.  I wanted the background to have a mottled look so rather than brush on a smooth coat I dipped my paper into the color, dried it, and went back in for more color until I liked it.

 
I created the embossed circle by tracing my die with a Versamark pen
The edges were embossed by dragging them across my Versamark pad and then embossing.

 
Thanks so much for coming by today!

Cardstock: WP9 White, Tim Holtz Watercolor Paper
Stamps: WP9 Fresh Cut Florals
Ink: Versamark
Dies: LF Circle Dies, SSS Curved Card Die
Other: Versamark Pen, Gold Embossing Powder, TH Distress Markers

10 comments :

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |