Pages

Friday Inspiration File #156

Friday, February 21, 2014

 
Hello and Happy Friday!
We've had a bit f a warm up at the end of the week and I couldn't be happier.
It's still barely reached 50 degrees, but I'll take it.
We even saw the sun yesterday!
 
We have begun work on one of the bathrooms upstairs.  Finally, after almost 9 years of living in this house, we are getting rid of the 1960's powder blue tile.  The room has been totally gutted and we are starting from scratch. 
Our master bath is very small, just a shower, toilet, and sink. 
In the end we hope to have something like this:
 


 
I love the subway tile and the octagons on the floor.
And when this one's done, it's on to the guest bath.
That one currently has pink sinks and a pink tub!
 

7 comments :

  1. Love your plans, renovating can be so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your ideas!! We are in the process of re-doing our master bath- we aren't replacing the cabinets etc. just re-painting, adding nickel fixtures, etc. etc. It was dark green and brass....the mauve/green era!! Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see your beautiful bathroom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kara!! I've been following your blog for some time now, and I find it so funny that we both are remodeling our bathrooms at the same time, we too have been living in our house for 9 years, and have VERY similar taste in what we want the finished project to be!!! Our bathroom too is currently nonexistent as we have no walls or floor at the time b/c we are starting from scratch also!! This is a project I have been wanting to do since we bought our house, but other remodeling projects had to come first!! I hope your bathroom turns out to be all you hoped!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So exciting!! I'm a huge fan of white subway tile ... it's so classic and timeless. The octagons will add a nice, subtle interest too. Yay for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have fun, can't wait to see what you end up with.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I can't wait to see what you end up with. The pictures remind me of my daughters house before they gutted it as well and it too had pink tiles.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |