Pages

Where Did April Go? {FIF #114}

Saturday, April 27, 2013

 
While talking with some of my friends from the 12 Kits,
we were all commenting on how April has just flown by!
I wanted to let you all know that I updated the Friday Inspiration File, but I hate a post without pictures.  I thought I'd share a little bit of my April with you as captured with  my phone.

 
Love the orange and teal together!

 
Love the patterns on these old handbags.
 
My husband and I love to take day trips and
go to flea markets and antique shops looking for treasures.


The view from the bridge between NJ and PA.
 
We took a ride to
 New Hope, PA, Lambertville, NJ, and Frenchtown, NJ
for some shopping and some lunch.


 
We have also been doing a lot of work on the front landscaping.
We added a walkway from the driveway to the front door, a new boxwood hedge, and filled in some areas with sod.  We still have more to do, but it's getting there.
 


 

I've also spent a lot of time working in my new art journal.
Talk about fun! 
 It's hard for me to make a mess, but I'm getting better at. 

 


 
I was out sick from work one day and this is how Lady was looking at me.
Kind of like, "What's wrong with you?"

 
Tulips from my dad:)


 
I've been thinking about adding some red to my hair......

 
This last photo represents a missed opportunity.  It was the perfect little chair for our bedroom.  A great place to sit and read.  I must have gone back to TJ Maxx 3 or 4 times to check on it and look at it again.  It was a great price, but still not cheap.  I waited too long. 
The last time I went back it was gone.  There will be other chairs..:)
 
Hope you are having a great weekend.
Don't forget to check out the File.

10 comments :

  1. Thanks for share your photos, Kara. Your Lady is so cute. I love your brick walkway. So pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love your inspiration file links! The pictures today are fabulous too...I did the same thing with a rug at Home Goods...waited too long :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. You've been a busy girl. The landscaping looks wonderful! DH and I used to do a lot more auctions and antiquing road trips. It was so fun. With two kids now - who DON'T like it so much - we hardly ever go do it any more. Enjoy your weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kara, love all of your pictures taken throughout April. The month that got away. LOL I always enjoy your Friday posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fun post! I haven't been to Lambertville in YEARS, or New Hope, for that matter! Looks like you had a great month...except for being sick!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous photos, Kara! It's so fun to get a glimpse of your life. You new walkway looks lovely! Thanks for pinning my card to your FIF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. TFS the wonderful pictures of your month. The landscaping looks fantastic! And I always look forward to your Inspiration File post!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh what fun photos! My husband and I LOVE to go antiquing, we do it every-other weekend in the summer. So curious to see more of your art journal ... it's looking FAB so far!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved your pics, Kara! Do you know that TJ Maxx can call other TJ's to find that chair for you? Or Homegoods? They're so good like that!

    Sorry you had been out sick...that is my fate tomorrow. :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh , I loved all the pretty photos.....but Ladies look wins with me! Oh how I know that look and that sweet face! Love weekend get a ways too! TFS.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |