Pages

I Made A Mess.....

Thursday, April 4, 2013

........And Then I Made This!
I had so much fun today making a mess.  I am usually a very clean and simple crafter, but I was so inspired by this video by Shari that I spent hours watching art journal videos.  I found Vicky's art journal videos super inspiring too.  I just wanted to try the process!

 
So, today I bought some gelatos and got to work. 
I did also pick up some gesso to eventually start an art journal of my own, but I started out first with something I am familiar with....emboss resist.
I love the way it came out.  I edged all of the pieces with a black copic marker.
It kind of gives it a comic book look!
I also watered down some gesso and flicked it onto the panel. 

 
Have you ever created an art journal?






Cardstock: PTI Winter Wisteria, White, Watercolor Paper
Stamps: PTI Birthday Style, Stylish Sentiments Birthday
Ink: Faber Castell Gelatos, Versafine Onyx
Dies: PTI Birthday Style, Double Ended Banner Die
Other: Copic Marker

9 comments :

  1. Very pretty Kara! I really like your background and how you used it on your card. You're also making me regret not purchasing Maile's set from this last release!

    I'm glad that I'm not the only one getting sucked into this whole art journaling thing...lol! I swear so much of your day can be blown just watching video's. I've purchased a few supplies too and hope to get time to play this weekend (just need to work on my craft room first...I have three cubes from M's to put together so I can organize my space some more).

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. such a fun effect! I admire how you are always trying out new things and playing with your stuff - so inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You may have made a mess, but you made a really pretty card :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kara this is fantastic, you are always so brave to try out new techniques and ideas. The colours are so pretty and the effect so cool.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this, Kara! Great job with this technique! Maybe you should do a video about making your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool card, Kara!
    How great that you can break out and make a mess.... I struggle with that!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this and bet it was fun making the mess.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like you had such fun making your mess, and look at the pretty card that came out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. messiest messes make mighty marvelous messengers! ours was shaving creme and refill inks dripped into creme then cs draped onto creme, pulled straight up with forks or long bread knives. resulting movement/blending of colors gave each cs a fresh look. Scent of shav creme added spice to the bgpaper, ribbon mount, or sentiment framing. A shower squeegie made jelly roll pan clean up fun. Many 'final' run sheets were a dim beige marbling which were cut in half for scented stiffer cardbases. Additional drops of darker earth tones could have expanded creme color carrier uses long beyond the fifty-six 'final' sheets. What a mess! Ah, yes. You beautiful crafter. mt23stamperatya Keep Looking UP!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |