Pages

12 Kits of Holidays {February}

Thursday, February 28, 2013

 
 
We're back again this month with a new 12 Kits of Holidays.
Our new format sprinkles in other holidays throughout the year {like Valentine's Day} besides just Christmas.
However, this month it is Christmas in February!
Renee send us a fun kit with everything necessary to have a country Christmas.
Fun sentiments and colors make this a unique kit!

 
I cut the base of this green bow in two pieces so that I could make it larger than the plaid base even though they are really the same size in length.

 
 
 
These little letters came as a rectangle, but cutting a little v shaped notch in the end turned them into a cute banner.
 

 
 
Renee sent us this image stamped in 3 colors.  I cut a section of each color so they could all be layered on top of each other.



 
I hope you will visit the other ladies and see what they have created using the same supplies.
I love hopping around and thinking to myself, "Why didn't I think of that?"  Luckily I still have some pieces left over to CASE them:)
 
Jeanne
Kit Contents:
Stamps: Waltzingmouse Yonder Star, Yonder Star Background, Woodenheart Alphabet
Patterned Paper: Echo Park This and That Christmas
Cardstock: My Favorite Things: Gumdrop Green,
PTI: Rustic White, Dark Chocolate, Pure Poppy
Ink: Memento Bamboo Leaves, SU Real Red, Chocolate Chip
Dies: Memory Box: Winterland Tree, Deer Trio
PTI: Alpha Blocks, Parisian Doily
WPlus9: Stacking Stars,
Waltzingmouse: Yonder Star cut files
Lil’ Inkers Mini Bow
Misc: MFT: Gumdrop Green, Wild Cherry, Hot Fudge buttons
MFT: Gumdrop Green ribbon
Recollections (Michael’s): gumdrops, pearls
The Paper Studio (Hobby Lobby): gemstones
Michael’s: mailing twine, red burlap, gingham and snowflake ribbon
The Twinery: red and brown twine

15 comments :

  1. Beautiful cards! I especially LOVE the layered patchwork star one, gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome set of crds. Love the one with the animals. So peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So pretty Kara! I think my fave is the first one with the bow on the tree- what really strikes me on these is all the distressing - it really adds a vintage look to your card and softens all the hard edges. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, I love the tree with the bow on it! l Also love the way you cut out the patterned paper on the last card such a good idea! You did not disappoint with your peeks, love them all!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's what I always do when I visit you...
    "Why didn't I think of that?" :)
    I love them all...
    you did such an amazing job with this kit...
    love how you turned the "tiles" into flags...
    and the deer out the window...
    I think that's my favorite.
    But I really love the layered star...
    ok I won't pick a favorite because they're all so fabulous...
    as always!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow--I love all your cards. Especially liked how you turned those tiles into flags, and then distressed the edges. Also, I like how you cut the edge of that patterned paper on your last card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Every one is gorgeous, Kara! There are so many creative details. Love how you used the bow on the tree and those little flags are adorable! Cutting layers from the stars and layering them makes an awesome image and how clever to cut around the ornaments!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kara your sneaks last night did not lie. All beautiful. I LOVE the way you put the mini bow on the tree and the deer through the window, I had that die out too, now i know what to do with it. Your layered star is fantastic and amazing fussy cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Kara, stunning cards! So beautiful and elegant...I love what you did with that amazing tree, I was stumped on how to use it and so happy that I still have it to play with. Any that window with the deer, so incredible and I will be CAS'ing that one too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm swooning! The deer peeking behind the window ... the adorable plaid bow ... so well done, Kara!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So many fantastic ideas, Kara! I still have my swirly trees, and I adore the way you topped yours with the mini bow. The layered stars look brilliant, and I'll definitely be doing that with the ones I have left. Love how you cut a unique border with the ornament paper for your last card, and the gingham bow is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Kara, the first and the last are definitely my favs! I love the way you cut out the ornament paper on the last one, and the tree looks so stunning and stands out beautifully on the first card :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. That tree is amazing with all it's parts taken out! I like how you've layered the paper and added the bow to the tree! My favorite of the bunch!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. So much beauty in one post! Love them all! :)

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |