Pages

Friday Inspiration File #115

Friday, May 3, 2013

 
Last Saturday's adventure with my parents started with a trip to Pearl Paint.
It's a store I had been to a long time ago;
 two floors of colorful art supplies.
We planned to go again, but found it had moved quite a distance away. 
We decided it was worth the hour trip.....take a ride, get some lunch.
This location was much smaller,
 but seemed to be packed with just about as much stuff as the old location. 
 I picked up some modeling paste {so much fun to work with I've discovered},
some spray fixative, a few pens, small linoleum blocks {to carve my own stamps}, and some watercolor postcards
 My mom picked up some of the prettiest handmade papers from all over the world.
When we got home, she cut the large sheets in half so she could share them with me. 
So sweet!
 
 
Then, as I mentioned yesterday,
we stumbled on Ikea and couldn't pass up the opportunity to check it out!
I snapped a few pictures of patterns that caught my eye, but the lighting in there was lousy for photos.

 
I picked up a few things for my craft room.
This fun wall mounted rod with buckets for odds and ends will go above my work table.
I also got this cute clip display.  Not sure where in my room it's going, but I'll let you know.

 
This is the bedding that inspired yesterday's card.

 
Cute birds, huh?
Maybe I'll carve a bird like this into one of my linoleum blocks!
 
Thanks for stopping by!
I really just came to let you know that the File has been updated and there are some really great projects in there.
Have a great weekend!
 

2 comments :

  1. That Pearl Paint sure looks like a fun store. Sounds like a fantastic trip with your parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, these designs are fantastic! The top one looks like a zentangle! The closest IKEA to me is 3 hours away in Brisbane, I think I need to go and check it out next time I'm up there. TFS :)

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |