Pages

12 Kits of Holidays {May}

Friday, May 31, 2013

 
 
 We're back with May's 12 Kits of Holidays!
This month, though, it's not really a holiday, but definitely the kind of card you need from time to time and it's great to have a few on hand.
Our hostess this month is Marybeth and she sent an amazing kit full of Get Well sentiments and images.  She even sent us each a stamp set from Serendipity Stamps.
 
 
Here's a look at just some of the things included in this month's kit.

 
I loved having the chance to work with these die cut/stamped images.  I used and xacto knife to cut a slit in the bowl so that I could slip the spoon inside.  I also loved this paper with it because, besides being a classic color combination, the black and white stripes remind me of  chef's pants.


 
I had a lot of fun coloring these flowers.
I had seen this image on a few other blogs and loved it.  I was so happy to see a few included this month.  I added some glossy accents and white gel pen details to it too.  Love this beautiful lace ribbon!


 
These 'get well' die cuts were just the star of the kit this month in my opinion.  I just love them.  The extra long tails on the g and l just really get me!  Those little blue bumbly sparkly gem things made me happy too.


 
Couldn't resist using both 'get well' die cuts.
I had so much fun with this kit and I have so much more left over to make more!

 
Thanks, Marybeth for such a fun kit!
Hop around and see what everyone else has made. 
 I can't wait to do the same.
 
Jeanne
For a complete supply list see Marybeth's blog or send me an email.
I've also added my favorite projects to the Friday Inspiration File...#119.






15 comments :

  1. They're all gorgeous...
    as always!!
    The soup is simply perfect...
    love it!!
    And those gorgeous blooms behind the circle die...
    I die!!
    You rocked this kit...
    but you always do! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love those stripes! Great get well card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the black and red card! I just made one the other day! Love the brightly colored flowers in the shaker frame with the get well,gorgeous! So pretty the way you added the lace to both sides of the flowers. I knew you would do great things !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun collection of cards, Kara! The red Campbell's card with the b&w pinstripes is a real stand-out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all simply delightful Kara! I like the way you used the lace trim on your second card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kara--you totally nailed every card. Love them all. Brilliant idea to cut a slit for that spoon in the soup bowl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful idea to use the soup images on the stripes--very striking! And I love the double lace trim with the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kara, wow! Your soup card is simply amazing...love all the black with the red of the bowl and can, such a classy look and sure to make anyone under the weather perk up! Your thank you card with the beautiful posie's is so sweet with that lace. Your bird/get well card is my favorite and so clever. Love all the little details with the sequins and bling, so gorgeous! Kara all of your cards are just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous cards Kara, love the black striped paper with the soup. The lace and the Copic colouring makes such a pretty card. I am inspired to pull out my markers tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of clever ideas here - the framed flowers, the birds with the get well (so smart!), and swoon the thank you with all that lace!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These cards are sensational and have that wonderful "Kara" style! I particularly love the bird sitting on the get well die! Fantastic job!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Kara, such beauty this month! I love that the soup and bowl on the first are not straight, it gives it a whimsical appeal :) The way you added the birds and the small part of the circle border to the get well card is so stunning, and that lacy border on the flower card? Oh my does it look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh the black striped paper looks fabulous with the soup can/bowl! I really love the lacy border card.....wonderful coloring and shading Kara!!! Beautiful cards this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Kara, your cards are awesome! I had no idea what to do with the soup can, but you were so smart to use the striped paper to evoke chef's pants. Love your gorgeous coloring of those flowers, especially the image you framed within the circle and overlaid with the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh more swooning over the garden images...I've been doing it on every blog today! Love how you framed yours with the lace and then the circle die cut! Your get well card with the birdies is so awesome with the sweet mix of gems and rhinestones...so perfect with the background paper. The soup images look great with the black and white paper...like fancy kitchen tiles ;) I always love your layouts with these kit supplies, Kara!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |