Pages

Blown Watercolor Butterfly Garden

Saturday, May 4, 2013

 
 
Hi!
Just popping in quickly to post a card for this week's Make It Monday.
Instead of blown ink I have blown water color paint droplets.
 
I've been cleaning all day and also preparing these
 delicious southwestern egg rolls to bring to a friend's tonight as an appetizer. I found them on
Pinterest and made them last summer. They are delicious and so easy to make.
 I get them all ready here and then pop them into my friend's oven for 15 minutes.
So good!!
 
 

 
Have a great day!
 


Cardstock: PTI Pure Poppy
Paper: Strathmore Watercolor Paper
Stamps: PTI Beautiful Butterflies
Ink: Versafine Onyx, Versamark Ink
Other: Artist's Loft Watercolors, PTI Black Satin Ribbon, Tim Holtz Black Embossing Powder

10 comments :

  1. Love the blown background effect Kara. I had a go a few times with distress reinkers and was really not happy with the results. Your card looks fantastic! The food looks delicious too!! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the black butterflies! I would never have thought of that, but I love it! And the egg rolls... Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is beautiful, Kara! I really the watercolor paint instead of the ink blown around.
    PS: the egg rolls look wonderful, TFS

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning card Kara - the splatters look fabulous. Those egg rolls look pretty awesome too!
    Caryn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous!!
    That blown ink looks fabulous...
    especially with the black embossed butterfly!
    Hope y'all enjoyed the eggrolls...
    I'm sure you did :)...
    and had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card....I love all you do with ink and paper...you are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is stunning, Kara. I have not had a chance to even watch the video yet and you have reminded me to get to it before I forget. I love the affect of the blown colors!!

    And thanks so much for the appetizer. I'm bookmarking that!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am LOVING your Cute card!! Such a FUN take on the Challenge!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh, very cool, Kara! I love that black butterfly on the colourful background!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |