Pages

Warmth & Love

Saturday, October 10, 2015


 
What a morning I've had!  I came downstairs, started the coffee, let the dog out, and sat down on the couch to check my email and Instagram.  I hear a strange noise coming from our wood stove!  Finally, I realize something is in there and is jumping up against the glass door.  I grab a flashlight and look in and it's a little bird.  My husband is already out for the day.  It's just me, Piper, and this poor little bird.  After a little Google searching for "how to get bird out of your wood stove", I went for it, put on some gloves and went in to grab him.  He flew out, but luckily towards the front door.  Piper was there ready to pounce and the bird was on the floor playing dead!  I'm yelling, "Piper no! Piper no!"  I scooped it up and put it out the front door.  Thankfully, he flew right into a tree!
 
 
 
After my heart stopped racing
I was able to photograph my card! lol!
I know it's only the beginning of October, but my holiday card making is in full swing.  After playing with the WPlus9 holiday release I'm just in that mode.  Have you started?
 
 
 
Today's card started out with masking and stamping this ornament from Merry Little Christmas several times to create a little cluster.  I colored them with my copics, R29 and R59.  I colored the little metal pieces with Y13, Y15, and then went over them with a coat of gold Wink Of Stella.  I cut out the cluster of ornaments with my scissors and coated them with clear Wink Of Stella.  I stamped the large sentiment from Holiday Boughs onto the ornaments and the card front.  I adhered the ornaments with foam dot making sure to match up the sentiment.  I love the shimmer!
 Have a great day!
 
 


Cardstock: WP9 Cupid's Bow, Recollections White
Stamps: WP9 Holiday Boughs, Merry Little Christmas
Ink: WP9 Black, Memento Black
Dies: SSS Stitched Rectangle Die
Other: Copic Markers, Wink Of Stella Clear and Gold

11 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh that is quite the morning! So happy the little birdie made it out. Lucky little guy !

    Love the elegance and simplicity of your design. I think you've sold me on the Wink of Stella pens.

    Thank you for sharing. Hope the rest of your day is a little less hectic.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have had a busy morning!! I am glad that you were able to rescue the little bird. That would have freaked me out. We don't have a wood stove but a squirrel got caught in our Chimney and fell all the way down to the basement a few years ago. We had to call animal control to help us get it out. I felt so bad for it!! My dog tried to go into the flue when we opened it up. We caught him just in time!!

    This card is beautiful. I LOVE the cluster of red ornaments and the way you lined it up with the sentiment is perfect. I also like how you used the Wink of Stella pens. I will now have to get out the gold one too try that has been sitting in my desk forever.

    Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a nice day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A beautiful crisp design, Kara! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge! And I hope the rest of your day is uneventful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Phew is right!! Oh Kara, you were that bird's hero! What a great story ... with a very happy ending, and a gorgeous photo of your beautiful card! I'm not quite there with the holiday cards yet ... but very soon!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card and gorgeous photos Kara! I want to know what settings you had your camera on to get the reds to come out so pretty! I love red and it's so challenging to photograph! : ) We had a baby cardinal beside our garage the other day. So sad, it must've fallen out of the nest. These birdies need to stay in their home! I don't know if I would've been able to do what you did! Good job! hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a way to jumpstart your morning Kara!! Poor little bird, glad it ended well. Your card is beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad all went well with the bird! Good for you! I love how you masked those ornaments together and popped them up with the sentiment in front and behind!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This card is simply beautiful! Love the clustered ornaments and the large sentiment - so pretty. So glad you were able to help out that poor little bird.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is gorgeous, KAra! I love it!
    We had a bird fly into our house once... I was so terrified! I felt like flagging down passing cars to ask for help! LOL! I ended up closing all of the curtains and when it landed, I covered it with a colander and then dragged the colander to the front door to release it. Something I'll never forget, I'm sure!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |