Pages

Make It Monday #45 Coloring Embossed Images With Copics

Monday, December 12, 2011

I already posted a card today, but when I saw this week's Make It Monday things just came together.  I was very inspired by this pattern and had been thinking a lot about how to reproduce it with my houndstooth stamp.  I knew there was no way I could ink each section individually with different colored ink pads with out making a mess.  Embossing it with white powder and coloring over each section with a different Copic was the perfect solution!



Thanks for stopping by today, again:)



Cardstock: PTI White, Black
Stamps: PTI Congrats All Ways and Houndstooth
Ink: PTI Summer Sunrise, Memento Black, Versamark
Other: Copics, White Embossing Powder, Summer Sunrise Ribbon

17 comments :

  1. Kara this is gorgeous!
    Love the multicolors on the black...
    stunning card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I really like this. What a fun idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Kara, awesome job with the technique, this looks terrific!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The houndstooth in different colors looks great. I need to find time towatch the video & make a card. i already have an idea in mind.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant coloring of houndstooth! Love all the colours. Great take on the technique, Kara!

    BTW, I bought a warm/cold nail colour yesterday. Apparently the colour changes from Aqua to Torquiose depending on whether the hands are warm or cold. I have to try it out today :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kara this is FANTASTIC!!!! Love your take on this weeks MIM challenge!
    Happy Holidays!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great card. Love all the different colors. Congrats on being featured today too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow. This is stunning, and so clever. I haven't watched the video yet, but I hope to do it before the end of the week. I love how you replicated the look of the pattern you pinned. And, congratulations on your Facebook shout-out. It is well-deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, just wonderful! And so classically elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is fabulous! I love the look, awesome job!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is totally awesome! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so cool! I just love the houndstooth pattern colored like this! Might have to try it with red and green for my next christmas card! Thanks for the awesome inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Kara this is such a great card, looks beautiful! I love your fresh looking style ! Can't wait to find time to do this weeks MIM card.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great job with the colors. It is a fun way to add color to a background isn't it.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |