Pages

{Copic Colorless Blender} Watercolor

Sunday, June 8, 2014

 
A few days ago I shared a technique for using the copic colorless blender refill with
Today I have another.
For the two cards I'm sharing today I added a bit of color to an acrylic block directly from the ink pad.  Then I squirted a bit of the copic colorless blender solution onto the block as well.
Using a paintbrush, I mixed the two together and painted the color onto my embossed image.  For the flower and leaves I blended two colors with the solution before painting with it.
You don't have a lot of time to work with it as the solution evaporates quickly, but I loved the effect I got from this technique.
 
 
 
On the first card I applied the color to cardstock, but on the second I used watercolor paper.
Both worked well.
The only downside is that the solution starts to wear away at the embossing if you work it around too much.  You could add your color to you paper and then emboss to avoid that all together.
 
 

 
I had a lot of fun experimenting with this technique!
Thanks for stopping by.
 
 
*Please work in a well ventilated area

 

I Quite Like Your Smile
Cardstock: WP9 White, Lake House
Stamps: WP9 Quite Like You , PTI In Bloom, Versamark Ink
Ink: WP9 PURECOLOR Dye Ink Mojito, Ocean Drive, Flamingo, Miami Spice, Coconut Husk
Other: White Filigree Embossing Powder

Birthday Wishes
Cardstock: WP9 White, Strathmore Watercolor Paper
Stamps: WP9 Quilt Prints, Basic Banners
Ink: WP9 PURECOLOR Dye Ink Ocean Drive, Mojito, Flamingo, Miami Spice, Versafine Onyx, Versamark Ink
Other: MME Enamel Dots, White Filigree Embossing Powder

14 comments :

  1. Both are gorgeous,Kara! Love your new technique! Always thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These ate both so pretty and this is a wonderful technique.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmm and i quite like your cards, both so soft and beautiful Kara!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!! These are both so stunning! Beautiful colors and beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cool technique, and I love both of your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, these are both fantastic! I especially love your cool take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kara you have become quite the go to artist for me, you have been introducing so many amazing techniques and today's is no exception. Simply too gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is truly exquisite and so cool looking!! Love those layers and the sentiment looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another wonderful technique! Love the look and both cards are gorgeous. Fun design with the layered strips!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous cards! I'll definitely have to try this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two amazing cards. I just love the colors on both of them.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful cards, Kara! Love your take on the sketch and those yummy colors!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |