Pages

Congratulations {2014}

Tuesday, June 10, 2014

 
The school year is coming to an end. 
Next week the students I work with will be
graduating 8th grade and moving on to high school!
I created this card for the student I interpret for.
 
 
The background is created using glossy accents and a stencil.
After the glossy accents was dry I used finger daubers to sponge on 6 different WP9 Dye Ink colors.
Because these inks are waterproof, I needed something a bit more than a baby wipe to clean the color from the glossy accents like I was able to with the distress inks on this project.  I used a little bit of Staz-On cleaner on my baby wipe and it came right off.
 
 
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by.
Have you tried stenciling with glossy accents yet?





Cardstock: Recollections 110lb. White
Stamps: SSS All Occasion Sentiments
Ink: WP9 PURECOLOR Dye Ink Wild Mango, Sweet Nectar, Miami Spice, Flamingo, Sweet Gelato, Cranberry Crush, Versafine Onyx
Dies: WP9 Modern Numerals, PTI DE Banner
Other: TH Stripes Stencil, Glossy Accents

13 comments :

  1. I love all the cool techniques you've been doing Kara. Great card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's such a colourful effect. I bought my first stencil last week and I'm looking for some ideas. Thanks for the inspiration. (Thanks also for my blog. I appreciate your comments)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kara, your creativity lately is killing me! I need more time to make cards, so I can try all these cool new techniques out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the stripes! TFS another great example of this technique!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a unique graduation card. Love the stripes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cool technique Kara - love the color palette (which fits the current Fusion challenge perfectly).

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun technique and such a fabulous card!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great technique. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another amazing card, with you thinking outside the box! Love this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is beautiful and your student will love it, Kara! I love the peekaboo with the summery colours. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge: Stencil It!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |