Pages

Make It Monday #42

Wednesday, November 23, 2011


This week's Make It Monday challenges us to use sentiment stamps as part of our background.  This was the perfect inspiration for me to create a card and wine tag for a little hostess gift for Thanksgiving. 



I don't have the special wine bottle die.  I just cut the strip 3 inches wide.  Cut the triangle out of the bottom and used the Limitless Layers die to cut a hole. Really easy!



This is the first set I ever bought from Papertrey Ink, First Fruits, and I still love it!
Have a Happy Thanksgiving!



Cardstock: PTI Dark Chocolate, Rustic Cream, Ripe Avocado
Stamps: PTI First Fruits
Ink: Memento Brown and Rhubarb  PTI Tea Dye Duo and Ripe Avocado
Dies: PTI Mat Stack Dies, Limitless Layers
Other: Ribbon, Scarlet Jewel Buttons

18 comments :

  1. What a great set. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! This is such an elegant gift- I just love everything about it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very clever! Great job with the MIM technique!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is absolutely Beautiful!! Great JOB!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous Kara - what a wonderful gift this makes. Haven't used First Fruits for ages and never that stamp but you've inspired me to try it out. Just love those colours.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the stamped background and the wine tag and coordinating card. Beautiful colors :) Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your wine tag & card is fabulous. Love the color combination. The pineapple as your focal point is great.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very pretty, Kara! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a nice hostess gift Kara, and just as good as the real wine tag die. How nice you are still using your very first PTI set. Happy Thanksgiving.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very pretty Kara, love the rich warm colors!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are WONDERFUL, I really love the layering of those Mat Stacks!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. First Fruits was my first PTI set also! I love the way you used it here, especially the colors. The symbol of hospitality is the perfect choice for a hostess gift. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your color combo. Gorgeous set! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh how I love First Fruits...my first PTI set, too! That pineapple gets me everytime! I just love how you used the sentiments, and the colors are so warm and inviting, Kara!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great tags perfect for those wine bottle gifts! Congrats on winning PTI's MIM. Have fun choosing your stamp set prize. Why is it so hard? Too many on the wish list I guess. Congrats, Kara!

    ReplyDelete
  16. First Fruits is one of my favorite sets too! It's so timeless and elegant. I thought the paper you used was patterned paper. The random stamping looks great. You're right that there is no need to buy the wine tag, I bought it anyway, but yours looks really great. Hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |