Pages

Stamping Text Over Stamped Images

Saturday, August 22, 2015

 
For my most recent PURE Color With Kara post, on the WPlus9 Blog, I shared projects on which I stamped text over stamped images.  I love the look so much I sort of can't stop.  I have another project today and a project ready for next week's PTI Blog Hop where I use the same technique!
 
 
Using Post It Tape, I masked off a center rectangle.  I stamped floral images from the PTI Graceful Greetings stamp set in several shades of WP9 Dye ink: Sweet Gelato, Little Piggy, Ocean Drive, Falling For Blue, and Last Leaf .   I added some black dots from the PTI Over Under Easy stamp set.  On top of that, I stamped the 'Hello' sentiment repeatedly to cover the entire area.  I start by stamping the center sentiment and then fill in around it to make sure I get one full sentiment as a focal point in the center.  I added a secondary sentiment on a banner strip of black cardstock heat embossed in white.
 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by today. 
I hope you have a great weekend!





Cardstock: WP9 Black, Recollections White
Stamps: PTI Over Under Easy, Graceful Greetings
Ink: Versamark Ink, WP9 Dye Ink Listed Above
Dies: SSS Stitched Rectangle Dies, PTI DE Banner Die
Other: White Embossing Powder

12 comments :

  1. YOU ROCK THIS TECHNIQUE!! I love this card. Your colors are stunning and I like how you masked off the white frame. I never get this right and always wind up having to die cut. My frames are never straight when I mask!! I also love the black sentiment block. Okay, I just love this card since I just said it a hundred different times. FABULOUS design!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your background stamping, awesome cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just when I thought you couldn't possibly top the last card, you've gone and done it! Kara, my mind is boggled by this beauty...
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is wonderful, and I am going to try this technique for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO, so pretty! Clearly I have not used my Graceful Greetings set to it's fullest potential!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this, Kara! You have such a knack for doing background stamping. Fabulous colors too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, this looks fantastic, Kara!!!! Beautiful!!!
    Have a great week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really like this idea. I never think to stamp over any stamped images, its almost like they are so precious I'm scared to ruin them. I must try this out as I love the black sentiments with the coloured flowers, they really stand out. Beautiful card, thanks so much for sharing this idea!!!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |