Pages

PTI Blog Hop August 2015 {Stamping Text Over Stenciled Background}

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

 
It's time for another PTI Blog Hop.  It's one of my favorite challenges.  I have tons of PTI products and I love the chance to pull them out and get creative.  This month's inspiration photo is beautiful!  The range of colors were so rich and vibrant.  I pulled out 9 colors to create my project. 
 
 
Starting from the bottom, the colors I used are Cranberry Crush, Gala Red, Sweet Gelato, Little Piggy, Pumpkin Spice, Wild Mango, Hayride, Coconut Husk, and Warm Wool!  I sponged each color onto a scallop stencil using sponge daubers.  Once all of my sponging was done I stamped 'wish big', from Stylish Sentiments Birthday, repeatedly in black ink. I also stamped a secondary sentiment on a black banner and embossed it in white.   
 
I love how it turned out! 
I can't wait to see what you have made!
 
 
Thanks so much for stopping by!  I'll be back tomorrow with my final post  for Paper Smooches' August Release!
 


Cardstock: PTI White, WP9 Black
Stamps: PTI SS Birthday
Ink: WP9 PURE Color Dye Ink, Versamark
Dies: PTI DE Banner Die, SS Stitched Rectangles
Other: White Embossing Powder, HS Scallop Stencil

32 comments :

  1. When I saw a little sneak of this in Instagram I knew this is gonna be awesome! And it is even more fabulous than I could imaged! Love the contrast to the black. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how you inked up that gorgeous background Kara.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is amazing. Your stenciled background is just gorgeous and you blended those colors perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kara, this is just beautiful! I love that fabulous background!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kara! I adore your creative and beautiful background!!! You are a genius I tell ya! I always love your work. Have a wonderful day! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous, rich bg you created, Kara! Love the all over stamping as part of the design! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That background is *amazing*!! Seriously. Wow.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a lovely background! You've certainly captured the richness of the dyepots.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE this so much, Kara!! WOW!!! Gonna have to try this!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kara, this is fantastic! I saw your tease on Instagram the other day and couldn't wait to see what the finish project looked like, it's beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful inked rows of color - they blend so perfectly. Love the crisp white in between and the bold black rows of the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now this is how one does ombre! Your card is beautiful, Kara!! Enjoy the hop! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card, Kara and the back background makes the colors shine !

    ReplyDelete
  14. That background is amazing! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh how lovely!! The background is so pretty on this card!! Love the ombre!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous card! Your background is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my, Kara, you really rocked this challenge. Your ombre background is very striking. Now I want that scallop stencil. : )

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kara! another gorgeous creation - you are truly just inspiring me to be better! My gosh I want that wool!!! OH! and there may be a little homage to you on my Playing Cards post tomorrow morning ... not to give away the surprise or anything .... hmmm... wonder if she'll read this?
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kara, you blow me away all the time. I love following you and your creations. This is beautiful!! You inspire me. I have to give this a try. I hope you don't mind.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Stunning background, Kara! Those colors are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous colours and background inking

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous design, Kara! Love your card idea :-)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Simply BEAUTIFUL!! =) I LOVE LOVE LOVE the Colors and the Design!! THANKS for sharing and have a FABULOUS WEEK!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love every little bit of this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous blended background! Love the vibrant colors with the black!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love your wonderful sponged colors! The label sentiment in black tops it off perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Another brilliant example of over stamping. Once again, I would never have stamped on a stenciled surface but you make it look so perfect. My list of things to try from your blog is getting rather long but I can't wait to try them out!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. WOW, this really looks great, Kara!!!! What a lovely card!!! Love all the stamping over the sponged bg!!!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |