Pages

Make It Monday #78 Stamping and Stitching

Tuesday, August 14, 2012


When I first saw stitching in this week's MIM title I thought, "Well, I'm gonna sit this one out."  I don't sew.  This is different though.  No machine involved!  I stamped the banner string in Berry Sorbet ink, poked some holes, and used Heather's back stitch.  It was so easy and it guarantees you end up with your floss on the back side of your project! 







Cardstock: White, Melon Berry
Stamps: Banner Builder, Star Prints
Ink: Melon Berry, Spring Moss, Berry Sorbet
Dies: Double Ended Banner
Other: Spring Moss Buttons, Embroidery Floss

18 comments :

  1. Eeek! Love it! Your banner is so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the stitched banner string! Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just adorable. I love stiching with banners.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That stitched banner is perfect, Kara :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to tackle the challenge Kara, love your choice of colours and that banner is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that is what i thought about this challenge at first too!! now you have inspired me!!:) great job...LOVE that banner!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful Kara , love your stitching .

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfection!! I love the simplicity if it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it. And, I don't sew either, so maybe I can try, too.

    ReplyDelete
  10. The banner string looks so cool backstitched - the texture is great.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cute! I don't sew either but I may have to try this now.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute! I love your sweet little banner. And I feel the same way about my sewing machine as you seem to. I'd much rather hand stitch any day of the week. Thank you for sharing your beautiful card, Kara!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Just lovely. The stitching is perfect. Love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, Kara--I love this! Your stitching is perfect and the simple design is awesome! I don't use my machine either but hand stitching is fun.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kara I just love this! What a sweet banner and the stitching is precious!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kara this is GORGEOUS! Your colours are so elegant, the use of white space so appealing and the stitching FITS! Looking gives me such pleasure!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |