Pages

Feel Better, Daisy

Sunday, January 30, 2011

I made this card for my mother-in-law.  She is recovering from surgery.  I decided to use some of her beautiful handmade paper on my card.  After a recent trip to Italy, she was inspired by all of the handmade papers she saw there.  I have been hoarding all of the pieces she has given me, until now!

Daisy is a nickname for my mother-in-law that came out of a funny conversation we had about what I would call her.  When my husband and I got married I was 29 almost 30 and calling her mom just seemed strange.  Calling her by her first name, Elaine, felt weird too. 
 Daisy it is! 


What do you call your mother-in-law?


Cardstock: PTI Vintage Cream, Melon Berry
Specialty Paper: Made By My Mother-In-Law
Stamps: PTI Love Lives Here, Autumn Abundance
Ink: PTI Melon Berry
Other: LLH Dies, Corner Rounder Punch, Melon Berry Felt, Polka Dot Embossing Folder, Mat Stack Dies

8 comments :

  1. This is so pretty. Love those papers and the colors. I call my MIL, Paulette or Mom. I call my real mom, Ma or Mum. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! You picked the most perfect base to go with your MIL's paper. It features that Mat Stack so beautifully.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. I bet that paper is gorgeous in person. I love the "Daisy" story too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This card is so soft and precious- I'm sure your Daisy is going to love this.
    I call my mother in law "Nino". Everyone calls her Nino. Apparently, when my her first grandson (my husband's son) was old enough to start talking, she wanted him to call her "Nanny", but it came out "Nino", and the name stuck. : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! My mother in law is know as Honey because that is what my kids (and the other grandchildren) call her. Now we all call her Honey.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love that paper she gave you! It matches the felt perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. By the time Curt and I got married there were already other grandchildren in the family so everyone called her Oma so I just stuck with that ....... and we had kiddies so soon after it was perfect. I love this paper and the simplicity of the card but how it radiates beauty!!! LOVE IT Kara~~

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! And yeay for more melon berry! :) I like the combination of mat stacks you used too.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |