Pages

Happy Birthday {Kim}

Tuesday, March 20, 2012



Today we are celebrating a special birthday. 
I hope you have a wonderful day and this very special blog hop makes you smile!


This card was so much fun to create.  I embossed the image on watercolor paper.  Using a paint brush and water, I colored in the image with PTI ink.  I used: Enchanted Evening, Berry Sorbet, Pinefeather, Spring Moss, Spring Rain, Summer Sunrise, and Simply Chartreuse. When I was finished paitning I die cut the focal point, inked and then gold embossed the edges. 


Stop by and visit all of the others who are wishing Kim a Happy Birthday!
There's a new ColourQ challenge today.  Don't forget to check that out!





Cardstock: PTI Fine Linen, Dearest Jane Paper, Watercolor Paper
Stamps: Martha Stewart Bird, PTI Beautiful Butterflies
Ink: PTI Tea Dye Duo, Ocean Tides, Versamark Ink
Dies: PTI Mat Stack
Other: PTI Ocean Tides Ribbon, Gold Embossing Powder, White Embossing Powder

16 comments :

  1. Kara, the water coloring is beautiful. It is stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, love your beautiful card! The water coloring is so pretty--wonderful soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kara this is gorgeous! I love the soft colors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stunning. Absolutely stunning. Your watercolor technique is fabulous and I may just have to try it. I've never seen it before.

    ReplyDelete
  5. OK...Lee Anne took my adjective...
    but I can't come up with another on the spot like this so...
    stunning!!
    This is so incredibly gorgeous...
    just amazing!
    I know I shouldn't be amazed...
    everything you do is amazing...
    but I just die!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...this is just so beautiful and really screams spring in a nice a quiet way. Thank you so much for taking the time to make a card for my birthday, you are too sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! I love your watercoloring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow,what an unbelievably gorgeous painted bird. How creative, the painting is perfect. I love the text banner behind the focal point too. Kim will love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a beautiful card. I love your water coloring. Thanks for coming to our little surprise party. I hope you had fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just got home ! Kara this is so elegant and that bird! Love the watercolor painted bird !

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! You obviously put a lot of effort in this card. It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So beautiful, what a gorgeous image!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Kara, Sorry I'm late for the party - had boy scouts. What a pretty card! I love the embossed bird and how you colored it in with the soft pastels. A beautiful card for Kim and the first day of Spring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just amazing!! I LOVE the watercoloring with the white EP. I will have to try this out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the card. The embossing makes it look so delicate.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kara ........ this card is AMAZING!!! The bird and the water colors ........ BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |