Pages

Enjoy Your Special Day {RS #2 and CR84FN #50}

Sunday, March 11, 2012


Hi!  I've got a card today for two challenges, a new and old favorite.  Retro Sketches is a new challenge blog that is only on it's second sketch.  Love the sketches so far!  The old favorite is CR84FN color challenge.  CR84FN is on its 50th challenge!  




I did it again!  I forgot to photograph the inside sentiment before attaching everything to the card front.  Inside the zipper it says, "Sending You Something Special." 


This is a beautiful frame stamp from the Pretty Peonies Anniversary Set from PTI.  I stamped the butterflies over the frame stamp in Berry Sorbet and then cut around the frame and butterflies to create the focal point for the card.  The pinkish butterflies are Berry Sorbet that have been "stamped off" once, but I am looking forward to the release of Sweet Blush ink!


Thanks for stopping by.
Hope you are enjoying your Sunday!



Cardstock: PTI White, Berry Sorbet, Sweet Blush
Stamps: PTI Beautiful Butterflies, Movers and Shakers, Pretty Peonies, BB Tin Types
Ink: PTI Summer Sunrise, Berry Sorbet, Memento Black
Dies: PTI Movers and Shakers Zipper, Fillable Frames #10
Other: Corner Rounder Punch, Sweet Blush Ribbon, Twine, Pinking Shears, Harvest Gold Button

21 comments :

  1. Beautiful and fun card Kara. An excellent take on both challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card Kara! Love the pretty label and beautiful butterflies! Thanks so much for joining along with CR84FN :) I apologize for the inconvenience, I fixed the link. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a beautiful card. I am also looking forward to that Sweet Blush ink, but you showed me what to do in the mean time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this!! Great layering of the butterflies and you cut out the frae so well ... I am so not good at it!! I just posted a zipper card and did manage to remember to photograph the hidden sentiment ... almost forgot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. stunning design. love that butterfly set and you've used it to perfect effect here! lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful sentiment .Nice way to make a zipper card look pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE what you did with the frame and butterflies Kara!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really like this card - I think the zipper style is such fun! Lovely label and the hidden message is super! Thanks for playing along with CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a really great sketch for using the zipper die. And your frame & butterflies are so pretty. Love how you cut out the frame and included the butterflies!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card Kara. I really like how you stamped the butterflies and then cut out the frame.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card Kara. I love how you cut the frame with the butterflies. Great color combinations too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. These colors are so springy :) And I love the focal point of the butterflies in the frame. And I've always been partial to PTI BB Tin Types :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really interesting elements in this card! I've never seen a zipper! The tab at the top with the button is so cute! Thanks for playing along with us at Retrosketches!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love your card, Kara! You frame with the butterflies and how you hand cut it out is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. So pretty! I love the new stamp set and dies. I got the sliders die set and haven't even used them yet. Thanks for playing at CR84FN! :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Kara, i just LOVE how you stamped the butterflies on the label and then cut it out! LOVE the background and the ribbon, too! GORGEOUS card! THX for playing with us at CR84FN!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Kara, I just LOVE your cards. :)
    Gorgeous colours, design, background. LOVE it all!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Kara, I just LOVE your cards. :)
    Gorgeous colours, design, background. LOVE it all!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another beautiful card Kara! Great work 😊

    ReplyDelete
  21. Kara, this is gorgeous! Love your take on the sketch and the awesome colors! Sorry it's taken me this long to come back and comment - I only had time to peek at everyone's cards! Thanks so much for playing with us at RetroSketches and I hope you will join us again!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |