Pages

All That Glitters

Sunday, October 3, 2010


Another cool concept from Jessica Witty.  I was dying to try this, but kept it very simple for my first design.  Using an adhesive sheet and an xacto knife, I planned out my pattern.  Revealing first the stripes for red glitter, then peeling back the second set of stripes and adding the second glitter color ands so on... I'm looking forward to trying a more elaborate design next. 
I know in the photo the one glitter looks blue, but it is actually purple. 
I've never used black glitter before this. 
It is so cool in person!



Cardstock: PTI New Leaf, Rustic Cream, Kraft
Stamps: Birds of a Feather Sentiment
Ink: Memento Black
Other: Ribbon, Thermoweb Adhesive Sheets, Martha Stewart Glitter

14 comments :

  1. Wait! How'd you do this?! It IS very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! Love how it sparkles. And I see you have used one of those 'special papers' for your banner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just gorgeous!!!! I'd love to learn how to do this. I'm with Keva! Are there any links or tutorials available?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did you keep one color from bleeding onto the others? I think this technique is really interesting and would love to try it. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE IT!!! Makes me want to sing~~ so bright and beautiful like the perfect fall day ....... did you make this yesterday :) While I was reading this post in one of the boxes below that reads "you might also like this" there was the post when you were putting in kitchen cabinets and some cookies you made. I have an amazing hazelnut cookie for Christmas if you want .... I am suggesting this one because I use cute cutters like the ones you had in the photo where you said Ryan thought they were dog treats ....... I will say that made me laugh!!! Let me know if you want it ....... it is an old German recipe and the kids go NUTS for these cookies!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is freakin' awesome! I love those glittery stripes! I'm really glad my daughter didn't see this one; she just wouldn't understand that it wasn't for her! : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Kara, I saw this in PC! How fun! I love the colors you picked and the overall layout! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kara this is FABULOUS!! I LOVE it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fun card and fun technique! I have tons of glitter that needs some love!

    ReplyDelete
  10. *thud*
    Serioulsy Kara, you are so awesome. "more intricate" are you kidding me?!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I can't even imagine how beautifully glittery this must be in real life!! Such a fun effect! Very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |