Pages

OLW Unexpected Colors

Wednesday, August 11, 2010


This week's focus of One-Layer Wednesday is using unexpected colors in place of a traditional color scheme. I chose Valentine's day which is traditionally represented with red, pink, and purple. I chose blue because blue is my favorite color, my bridesmaids wore blue, and my engagement ring is a sapphire. To me blue represents love so this is what I came up with.
Have a great day! Thanks for stopping by.

Cardstock: PTI Rustic Cream

Ink: PTI Spring Rain, Memento Brown

Stamps: PTI Heart Prints and Library Ledger

15 comments :

  1. Girl this is so pretty. I love the simplicity and the baby blue is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple and beautiful! Love that soft shade of blue! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really cute! Love that it's simple - yet detailed!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your interpretation of the challenge and how you did the library ledger, fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it! The color is soft and sweet and I like the stamps, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully simple. Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is fantastically simple and I LOVE It!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! Love the softness and the fun lines! Fab CAS card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic card, Kara. I really like how you used the Library Ledger lines - very outside the box!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this blue Valentine. The library lines are such an elegant touch.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card! I love the little "Feb" in the corner - so sweet. Oh, and I have a sapphire engagement ring too! I love it! Does yours get double-takes, too?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card! Funny how I don't look at the challenge cards until I get mine posted....and I did blue hearts too! Great minds think alike!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I just love those lines! What an unexpected design element to go with the unexpected colors! And it all works perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such an amazing CAS card, Kara!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |