Pages

Making My Own Blossoms

Sunday, August 22, 2010


The idea for these flowers came to me while looking at my bathroom tiles. Inspiration strikes in the strangest places!
I airbrushed them to give the petals a variegated look. I still need more time with the airbrush system to really get comfortable with it. These flowers are more flecked than I had intended, but I'm not unhappy with the final result.

Hope You had a great weekend!


Cardstock: PTI Aqua Mist, White

Paper: PTI Bitty Box Basics

Stamps: PTI Enjoy The Ride, Inkadinkadoo Flourishes

Ink: Memento Black

Other: Fiskars Punch, Copics and Copic Airbrush System, Queen&Co. Pearls, Ribbon

15 comments :

  1. Wow..you MADE those?? Kara..those are lovely. This is a very nice card..love the colors you used and the layout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this card! And those blooms are beautiful! I love the speckled look! Did you make the flowers from a die or did you make them some other way? Looks almost like you could have made them from making a few cuts in a square punch out.

    Thank you for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh they're fabulous - they remind me of those delicate pieces of broken birds' eggshells you can sometimes find and treasure. A beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flowers are grogeous - reminds of water lilies as they are just opening. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your flowers are really cool!-I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the flowers Kara! amazing job! love the colors u used as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful flowers Kara! Love the pearl centre and the color speckled inside.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a clever idea. They kind of remind me of little broken bird eggshells. At first that is what I thought they were. Such a pretty idea.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so pretty! Love those flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful! You are such a wealth of creative and gorgeous ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pretty card! Very different looking flowers but lovely contemporary look to them. My first thought when seeing the picture was 'eggshell' petals. Cool!

    ReplyDelete
  12. love the flowers, gorgeous color!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful! Such a soft and delicate card . . . and such unique flowers! They remind me of water lilies--just wonderful, Kara!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |