Pages

Lesson Learned

Friday, August 1, 2008


By far, the hardest part of having my Etsy shop is estimating the shipping costs. I really struggle with what I think the shipping will be. I have checked other sellers, who sell similar items, to make sure I am in the right range. I want to charge a fair price that doesn't make the price cost prohibitive, but I don't want to lose money in the process either. So far, so good with domestic shipping. Today I had my first international sale and boy did I underestimate the shipping costs. It was about a $20 difference. I am not upset about it, it is all part of the learning process! My advice to myself and any other sellers struggling to find a similar balance is to buy a postage scale. I really think it will pay for itself in the long run. I think I'll start with ebay and see what is available.

Kara

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |