Pages

Sending You Something Special

Wednesday, January 21, 2015

 
I seem to be on a monochromatic kick lately.  I love these colors together: Aqua Mist, Hawaiian Shores, and Tropical Teal.  I pulled out an old favorite, Star Prints,  for this week's Make It Monday to make a card for my nephew.  I knew I was sending him a gift card for his birthday and thought Ashley's tri-fold design would be the perfect way to present it to him.   I started out by following Ashley's measurements. I cut an 81/2 x 11 piece of cardstock in half lengthwise.  I scored that piece at 3" and at 8".  I cut the left panel with WP9's curved border die from Landscape Borders.  I did the same to a piece of black cardstock that was a bit longer than the panel.
 
 
I stamped a few star images from Star Prints and Out Of this World on the front panel and also on the inside.  I added the fun sentiments from Star Prints and coordinating sentiments from Movers and Shakers Sentiments.  Using Simon Says Stamp Stitched Rectangle dies I lined the right panel and created a gift card pocket for the inside.  The card is held shut with a little white dot of Velcro. 
 
 
I stamped the same star images to create patterned paper to line the envelope.  I hope he likes it!
Thanks so much for stopping by.
 


Cardstock: PTI Hawaiian Shores, WP9 Black, Recollections White 110lb. Neenah Solar White 80lb.
Stamps: PTI Star Prints, Out Of This World, Movers and Shakers Sentiments
Ink: PTI Hawaiian Shores, Aqua Mist, Tropical Teal, Versafine Onyx
Dies: WP9 Landscape Borders, SSS Stitched Rectangles, LF Circles, PTI Envelope Liner Die
Other: Velcro Dot, PTI White Envelope

27 comments :

  1. Brilliant how you matched the black and teal together with the different color stars. Great design!

    ReplyDelete
  2. fantastic card, love the design of your card! (and color) :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great design, Kara! Love the color!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is beyond fabulous Kara!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the mono color, love the stars, your placement and stamping are flawless, love the design. Great tri-fold card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty Kara! Love those colors too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I love this try fold ! Your liner is gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so super cute! I love the trifold card, and your envie liner is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. First I saw the envelope on Instagram and loved it and now the full reveal and I love it even more!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome design, Kara--love the trifold! And the lined envelope looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is a super card! My nephew's birthday is soon. I think I'll case this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a great card. You did an awesome job with the how-to and photography, it looks professional! -Diane from MN

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the pop of black with the aqua colors! Love the black liner that peeps out behind the front panel - I love the whole card!

    ReplyDelete
  14. this is spectacular! Perfect card for a boy -- love the images, the colors, everything.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super card. I must say that I appreciate your showing the envelope lining. I usually line the envelopes but I see no one else doing it. Or maybe they just don't include in their posts.

    ReplyDelete
  16. WOW!! I love what you did for the tri-fold card technique for MIM! Perfect masculine card with great colors and your stamping is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh I think he'll like ti!! The black your added really kicks this up a notch!

    ReplyDelete
  18. WOW! love this . Your tri-fold card has a super CAS look.
    I just became your newest follower I hope you will come follow me to.
    Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your nephew is going to love this card. It is so cute. Love how you lined the flap of the envelope.

    ReplyDelete
  20. The black adds such a fab touch to the design :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome! Your stamping is flawless...

    ReplyDelete
  22. Way to make it look easy and kudos for your shopping spree.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |