Pages

Copic Colored Birthday

Friday, August 29, 2014

 
Yesterday I shared a technique using Copic Marker Refills on DCWV Whiteboard Paper.  For yesterday's card I kept the colors mostly separated with very little overlap.  This time I really wanted the colors to flow into and over each other.  The trick is drop one color, spread it around, blow on it, and let it dry.  Then you can add the next color and do the same thing.  This way you avoid getting brown, muddy spots.  For these cards I used four different colors.
 
 
 
Once the piece was dry I decided I needed to glitter it:)  I covered the piece with a double sided adhesive sheet and burnished it with my bone folder before removing the backing paper.  Sprinkle with glitter and rub it into the adhesive with your fingers.  I always do this and never have a problem with glitter transferring to everyone and everything.

 
I tried stamping on the colored glossy paper with Versafine, Momento, and Archival ink and none of them gave me the look I wanted.  They either wouldn't dry or stamp solidly enough.  I tried then heat embossing the sentiment and it worked, but I wasn't happy with how that looked either.  I also tried stamping on top of the glitter.  That worked, but again it wasn't really a dark enough/ solid enough impression for me.  So, in the end, I decided to leave the piece as is without any stamping.  If you have any suggestions for what might work, let me know!
 
 
 If you don't have any whiteboard paper, Audrey suggested on IG that glossy photo paper might work.  I think that's a great idea!
Thanks so much for stopping by!

Almost forgot to tell you....
New projects have been added to the file for this week.
So many beauties there.
OK, see you later ;)
 
 
 

Cardstock: WP9 White, Black, DCWV Whiteboard Paper
Stamps: WP9 Strictly Sentiments 5
Ink: Versafine Onyx
Other: Copic Refills, MS Glitter, Thermoweb Double Sided Adhesive Sheets

10 comments :

  1. WOW, this is an awesome technique and it looks so good with the coating of glitter. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, Kara! Love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just WOW, just perfect. LOVE it! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) this sketch and hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredible technique. I love this look.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What cool cards and a really awesome technique!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, these are so cool! Fabulous takes on the sketch, Kara!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |