Pages

Make It Monday #31: Creating Backgrounds

Thursday, September 8, 2011


This week's Make It Monday focuses on one of my favorite things to do with my stamps.....create my own backgrounds!  I love using the unusual little stamp in a set to create something unique!
For this bold graphic background I have used the bottom of the cupcake stamp from Everyday Classics and the single dot stamp from Daydreamer.



The bold green color on the cream cardstock was inspired by Tuesday's Trigger.  The main focus of the photo is a bold pattern on the chair in green and cream/white.  The small side table inspired the touch of brown. 

I hope you are having a great week.  My first week of school is going really well.  It is so good to see all of the students again.  Since I interpret for one student, I follow her from grade to grade.  Each year I am with the same group of students and it is fun to watch them grow, change, and learn! 




Cardstock: PTI Dark Chocolate, Vintage Cream
Stamps: PTI Daydreamer, Everyday Classics, Happy Trails, Little Labels
Ink: StazOn Brown, Memento Green
Dies: PTI Happy Trails, Little Labels, Limitless Layers
Other: Michael's Brown Satin Ribbon

19 comments :

  1. Let me just say that I would have NEVER thought to use this stamp to make this awesome card!! It is a spittin' image of the trigger!!! You are so creative Kara! Fabulous work!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kara, this is just phenomenal!!! I had to sit and look at the card for a few minutes to see the "cupcake" liner......lol It's like one of those visual puzzles! I absolutely love your color choices and creativity! Your card is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card...wow. I need to look a little closer at my stamps I guess. Thinking outside the box is hard for me..but looks like it might just be worth trying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy smokes, this is so cool! Congrats on your shoutout, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't believe the cupcake liner is the background for this card. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Kara its my favourite thing to do too. This one is really thinking outside the box - brilliant! I'm so impressed! Going to have a look at my stamps again right now and might just enter the challenge this week (for the first time!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Whoa. This is nothing short of genius, Kara! Love how you made that background. Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kara, this is beautiful! What a creative pattern. It made me think of Orla Kiely when I saw it. Very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Saw your card on PTI's FB page, amazing. I would have never guessed this was a cupcake liner! So retro.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What an amazing job you have done. You really created something totally different from what you started out with. And, may I say, you did a fabulous job of lining everything up. It's as good as patterned paper.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your background stamping totally rocks!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Kara! Thanks for linking this up to this week's Tuesday Trigger in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. So very awesome, Kara! Love how you stamped the cupcake wrappers. So original!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Cupcake liner? AWESOME! I never would have thought to use it, and you ROCKED it! Love it :)
    It must be nice to be able to work with the same student each year, since you both get to know each other better. At my sons' school the aides are switched around often, and I think that's a shame.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |