Pages

Watercolor Splats

Wednesday, April 23, 2014

 
Hi!
I made a card for this week's
I added the dye ink color directly from the ink pad to a piece of white cardstock.
Then I dripped some water onto the ink.  I didn't add a ton of water because I wanted the splats to move the ink, but not become totally white.  When it was all dry I die cut the tag and hearts.
 
 
I die cut the white panel with the Simon Says Stamp curved die.  I stamped the 'clothesline' stamp from Heartfelt Mix on either side of the cut to create faux stitching lines.

 
See you again soon ;)



Cardstock: PTI White, Black
Stamps: WP9 Heartfelt Mix, Love You More, PTI Grand Ampersand
Ink: WP9 Cranberry Crush, Sweet Gelato, Sweet Nectar, Wild Mango, Versafine Onyx
Dies: WP9 Love Notes, SSS Curved Die, PTI Tag Its
Other: Clear Wink Of Stella Glitter Pen

20 comments :

  1. Kara, this is absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! This is gorgeous. Love the colors and everything about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it Kara! Especially the fabulous lines at the bottom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kara, your card is amazing. So well put together. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kara this card is stunning!! I love the ink pad on paper technique you used. The end result is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful bright colors, Kara, especially love those fun lines!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The black makes this so elegant Kara, beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card Kara and I love your watercolor splats and all those hearts. So sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you left me a comment ... Meant I was able to track back to you and be wowed by your talent!! I am in love with your beautiful card and in love with your stamps and dies ... Terrific work and now I need some of those stamps and dies!! Have a great day Kara

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW, such an amazing elegant card.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So cool! I love the water spots. I have such a hard time making them look symmetrical - these look perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the ight touch on the water splats - pretty card Kara!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful card, Kara! The watercolor choices are fabulous with the striking black accents!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your very subtle water splats. Mine are actually
    spots haha..beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Stunning--love everything about this one, Kara! Love the watercolor colors and those lines at the bottom. The single yellow heart made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is just stunning. Love the way you shaped the bottom with the stamps and the die, too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my, Kara, what a stunning design!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. YOW, your card is stunning! The design and colors are breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I am in awe! Stunning use of color. Fantastic layout. I bought the entire Heartfelt Mix set for that line, but would never have used it so creatively.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |