Pages

Botanical Print

Wednesday, February 16, 2011



My second submission for PTI's Make It Monday was heavily inspired by Betsy Veldman.  She had a card published in Stamp It! Techniques magazine that I just loved and wanted to recreate.  I created mine a bit more simply, with only one layer and very minimal embellishment. 



Thanks for stopping by!


Cardstock: PTI Vintage Cream, Fine Linen
Stamps: PTI Text Style, Delightful Dahlia, Butterfly Dreams, Anna Griffin Flowers
Ink: Stazon Brown, PTI Tea Dye Duo
Other: Copics, PTI Twine, Vellum

13 comments :

  1. This is really gorgeous, Kara!! Love the color combo and the layout is perfect. That text background looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kara, this is just fabulous! Love the text background and the way you've used color. Just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! I love the dramatic coloring, the text background, the layout- I love it all! I think I'm going to have to CASE this. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kara, I just LOVE this FAB card! LOVE the text and the twine and the flowers! WOW! BTW I left you a blog award on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful, I love the composition and the muted colours, so lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this, just gorgeous! I've been wanting to try something like this too (stamping+copics on top of a background)... it looks AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  7. GASP!! This is over the top GORGEOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is stunning, Kara! I love how you used the text and butterflies! Beautiful colours and layout, too.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so lovely, Kara!! I know the exact card you're referring to in that issue. It is such an amazing card!! Your take on the card is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is amazing!!! Love your placement of the images, and fabulous colouring job. It's truely a work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is amazing!
    Love everything about it!
    Truly a stunning card!

    *tried your tip on vellum tape...
    Thank you so much :) It's a dream!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |