Pages

A Nice {Long} Weekend

Monday, November 9, 2009

Well, it's back to work after a 4 day weekend. Thursday I had to myself. I went to the library, made my meringue bones for the party, and made a few cards and things. Despite my lack of natural talent in the kitchen, the meringues turned out really well. I followed the recipe, but when I took them out of the oven, they were still sticky. Rather than starting over, I tried putting them back in the oven with a slightly higher temperature for an additional hour. They came out perfect.
Everyone loved them too!

On Friday, we took a ride down to Cape May. It was such a beautiful day, but very chilly. I got to use the awesome scarf my mom made for me. We combed the beaches for bits of quartz, went on a bird watching walk, and had warm soup and sandwiches for lunch at Bella Vida.









I made a few tags for gifts of the homemade variety.



Hope your week is off to a good start!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |