Pages

I Can't Cook

Sunday, July 5, 2009





I can, however, make a mean cucumber salad. Everyone loves it and it is my constant contribution to a BBQ of any kind. So I made it to bring to my aunt and uncle's house yesterday. It's a recipe from a cookbook my mom gave me before Ryan and I got married. Betty Crocker's Bridal Edition. It has a lot of other information for us non cooks such as, explanations of why certain ingredients are used and substitutions you can make etc..



Cucumber Salad
2 medium cucumbers
1/3 cup white vinegar
1/3 cup water
2 tbsp. sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
chopped fresh dill or parsley if desired


1. Slice cucumbers
2. Mix all ingredients above (except dill) and pour over cucumbers.
3. Cover and refrigerate for at least 3 hours.
4. Drain liquid and add fresh dill

I made the cute little pinwheels to make it more festive. Ryan laughed because he thought cucumbers were not exciting enough to warrant such fanfare. I ended up poking them into the brownies that my mom made:)

This has been in my head all day. I love it.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |