Pages

Slider Card

Sunday, January 4, 2009




The holidays are over and it's back to work tomorrow. We took our tree down today and packed up all of the decorations. Yesterday we took a ride to Point Pleasant and poked through a ton of antique shops. We had the best lunch at a place called The Beanery. We ordered a friut and cheese platter and a fresh mozzarella, roasted red pepper, and balsamic foccacia sandwich. We shared both. It was so good it's the kind of thing you know you will have a craving for one day and have to make the trip to get it. They had a dessert menu that looked incredible, but we resisted temptation this time. Then, when we got home, I had time to make some cards. I really wanted to try making a slider card. I saw it on Jennifer Maguire's Blog and it really was easy to make.







I stamped the butterfly on some acetate and then heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. I folded it in half and punched a hole in only the bottom half and slid it onto the ribbon.

I made a few other cards too. For this one I used my Polka Dot Basics stamp set and some paper scraps that have been around here forever.




One last card before I go. This year I am really trying to use the things I already have. This card uses a fabric tape that I have been holding onto for a long time and one of the first stamps I ever purchased, the dragonfly.







No comments :

Post a Comment

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |