Pages

Golden Butterflies

Friday, July 18, 2014

 
Yesterday I shared a technique I learned from Jennifer:
While experimenting with more than just the suggested pigment inks, I found that Versamark and heat embossing worked beautifully!
 
 
Coat one side of the wood veneer piece and place it face down onto the cardstock.
Run it through your die cutting machine.
Again, I'll share my sandwich with you for my Cuttlebug in case you missed it yesterday.
 
From Bottom to Top
A Plate
2 Tan Mats
Cardstock
Wood Veneer {Ink  Side Down}
C Plate
 
Sprinkle the versamark with embossing powder and heat.
 
The wood veneers make quite a deep impression!
I found that I had less paper cracking if I only ran it through once rather than through and then back again. 
This is what the cardstock looks like from the back after running through your machine.
 



 
Thanks so much for stopping by again today!
 
It's FRIDAY!
Don't forget to stop by the Friday Inspiration File for this week's beautiful projects!
I had to add a few products to my Craft Supply Wish List from this week's selections.



Cardstock: Recollections White, PTI Aqua Mist
Stamps: SSS Tilted Banners
Ink: Versamark Ink, Versafine Onyx
Dies: SSS Tilted Banner
Other: Gold Embossing Powder, Enamel Dots, Butterfly Wood Veneers

17 comments :

  1. I watched that video Kara...you nailed her technique perfectly. Love the gold butterflies...they really look like they are pressed into the cardstock.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an amazing card and you are becoming the technique queen! They really look like they are pressed in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Kara - you Always make the most Beautiful stylish designs! Always such a perfect finish - thanks for sharing your Amazing work - and thanks for wonderful inspiration!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally beautiful card, love the gorgeous golden butterflies x

    ReplyDelete
  5. gorgeous card - i'm going to try the heat embossing for sure - love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this is gorgeous. I love it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning Kara! I will have to watch that video!

    ReplyDelete
  8. SImple and elegant Kara, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous--LOVE the golden butterflies!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a stunning creation and I love how you achieved the look! I must try that! Thanks for playing along at Case this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, this is so gorgeous, Kara! Fabulous technique and lovely take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am loving your take on the wood veneer letterpress. The gold on this and the silver on yesterday's is just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Absolutely stunning! I've go to try this out!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow...this is stunning. Is there anything you can not do??? This is card perfection Kara!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your CAS style and take on the sketch. Thanks for playing along at CAS(E) this sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome and great job on the recognition from CAS(E) this sketch!! Looks so fabulous!

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |