Pages

{PURE} Color Combo #2

Sunday, April 6, 2014

 
Tomorrow is our close friends' son's birthday. 
He will be 8!
 
 
For his card I used another new favorite color combination that I think is perfect for boy/masculine cards.  To create the stripes I used a stencil, ink, and little daubers.
The ink when sponged onto cardstock colors completely without much work.
I have a project to share soon where it truly looks like colored cardstock, but is white cardstock colored with a PURE Color Dye Ink
At first it may appear splotchy, but as it soaks into the paper it really evens out and the dauber strokes are undetectable!
 
 
The Sweet Nectar appears a bit orange in these photos, but is actually more of a melon color.
 
 

 
Thanks for stopping by today.
 
 

Cardstock: WP9 Lake House, PTI White
Stamps: WP9 A Pocketful
Ink: WP9 Sweet Nectar, Nautical Navy, Lake House, Versafine Onyx
Dies: WP9 A Pocketful
Other: HS Stencil, Finger Daubers

12 comments :

  1. What a fun & colorful card, Kara! I've always loved this stamp set. I haven't stamped in ages. You inspire me to get back in the craft room :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fireworks coming out of the pocket--perfect for a boy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, how I LOVE your use of stencil and colors! Totally refreshing and cool, Kara! Your 8-year old son is going to love this one awesome and sophisticated card from his Mom! So glad that you join the fun with Virgina's View Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, I just realized that this card is for your friends' boy... (please ignore my previous comment)! Congrats on the feature over Virgina's View Facebook page!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep these colors combos Kara. They are awesome. I love all the fun popping out of the striped pocket.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A pocket full of fun Kara!!, Cute card ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Totally fun--love the stripes! Great use of your stencil.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great boy birthday card! I love seeing new inspiration for boys.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a FUN card, and perfect for a boy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super fun and cute card!! Great design!!

    Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    hugs...
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |