Pages

With Sympathy

Sunday, January 6, 2013

 
Sympathy cards are not easy to make.  You want it to be beautiful, but not too fancy or embellished.  Today I needed to make a sympathy card to send to a friend and when I sat down to make it, I just drew a blank. 
 
 
So, I turned to all of the beautiful inspiration on Pinterest.  I knew I'd find something there.  I don't often CASE someone else's work, but when I found this card that Stephanie made, it just seemed perfect.  I only used a different embossing folder and sentiment to suit my needs and the supplies I have on hand.
 
 
It helped to get my juices flowing too and I made two more cards after this one that I will share soon!
 
 


Cardstock: PTI White
Stamps: PTI Love Lives Here, Botanical Silhouettes
Ink: PTI Smokey Shadow, Autumn Rose
Dies: PTI Love Lives Here Butterfly
Other: CB Embossing Folder, Corner Rounder Punch

9 comments :

  1. This is a beautiful sympathy card. I agree that they are hard to make, especially if you make them when you need them. I like to have a stash, and I think I'll be casing this beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A perfect sympathy card!
    I agree that they are the hardest to make of all cards...
    and that's why I still buy them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kara your card is very beautiful. Sympathy cards are the hardest to make especially when they are needed.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card. Could you let me know the name of the embossing folder you used. I just LOVE it! Thank you!
    Kristie

    ReplyDelete
  5. It is beautiful , nice to get a bit of inspration. Love the embossing folder too. I think I have that one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful sympathy card, Kara, love the embossing on the white, a clean but elegant card! Have a wonderful Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for the inspiration, Kara! Your card is so lovely! I need to make one and feel so blessed to see your wonderful one to CASE. I agree they are so difficult to make.

    ReplyDelete

Proudly designed by | mlekoshi playground |